Internet connection slow all of the sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a linkys wireless n router and my laptop has a n card. We have the fastest connection possible from mediacom. Out of no where the connection on my laptop has been very slow, I still have a full signal its just slow. The connection on the pc that we have the modem hooked up to that is wired is just like normal though. We have had the router since Christmas and it has worked fine up till now. What could the problem be and how could we fix this??

Download CCleaner and run.

Then do the following, followed by enter. From Start-->Run-->CMD

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /renew
net stop "DNS Client"
net start "DNS Client"

Then do the following:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Refer here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/ietopten.mspx
For even more options

Then reply back

Didnt Work

It didnt work done it on both pcs. The computer that we have the router hooked up to the internet runs fast at 400mps but my laptops only goes 54mps. And when I have my laptop connected the computer that I have the router connected to its internet starts going slow but only when my laptop is connected to the internet, then they are both slow any solutions? And I use firefox but Ie dont work fast either.

and my laptop has a n card

my laptops only goes 54mps

By the way, what is the laptop (Brand and model number)
And what is the card model and number

I'd like to know what the maximum speed of the network is on this laptop hardware (unless you already know)

#1 wireless is always slower than wired, and when u go through his computer u are giving that one connection a bunch more to do so everyone gets slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back