Internet Disconnects Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay So i have a dsl modem that seems to disconnect occasionally when someone calls or when just using the phone or even when im just on the computer i was wondering if there was any way to check any possible way to see if i have a worm virus or anything thats making me have internet issues,its a desktop to...it has been happening for awhile and now all i do is usually go on msn, play online games,vent,teamspeak and what not usual stuff...please help me its really annoying me.

Normally with a dsl modem your service provider install a line converter for the user to be able to use internet and phone at the same time without it will occur some problem as yours. It will become like a sort of dial-up connection.

Check if your line converter is still here or that it is not damage. You will see it on your telephone line which will be like a socket containing two cables, one for telephone and one for internet(dsl modem).

Both if you had both. Check if they are still there and if there check if they are in good condition and well connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back