Internet Explorer 7.0 Add-Ons Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Seuss

whenever i use internet explorer 7.0 it has the pop-up "Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled"...but when i go to tools it says the add-ons are enabled. what the hell is going on?? i think its stopping things working

I have addons disabled and it doesn't say that.
You must be running "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
Try start run "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
If that works, then right click on your Interenet Explorer shortcut, select Properties and remove the -extoff bit

A good piece of advice for you is not how to 'fix' this problem. But try Mozilla Firefox as a browser. It's a handy browser with some advancements over Internet Explorer. Also, because I.E. has been around so long, it is open to many Hackers who have spent time learning how to mess up your Internet experience. As far as your I.E. add-ons are concerned.....if there is an option for you ton "enable" them, maybe you should choose that option to shut Internet Explorer up.

pdyckman@comcas said:
It's a handy browser with some advancements over Internet Explorer.
I think a better argument for switching to FF is the way that IE continues to abuse web standards. IE8 is supposed to fix that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Umm fellers
Internet Explorer 7.0 Add-Ons Problem
I don't see: should I change to Firfox? (or any other) in that. Do you?

By the way the majority of the world use IE (irrespective of security)

Yeah, I saw that and I was just commenting on pdyckman@comcas' suggestion to switch to Firefox. I wasn't trying to force anyone to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back