Internet Explorer cannot display page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been facing this problem for the last 5 days on my laptop. It has Windows Vista home as its operating system.

About a month ago I had tried installing Google chrome on my system but it would not connect to the internet and later I tried the Safari browser as well and it also wouldnt connect to the internet. During this time my internet explorer was working fine.

About 5 days back during windows update or I must have done it accidently I updated IE 7 to IE 8. Since then I am unable to connect to the internet using IE.

The other chat softwares like Yahoo, Skype & Gtalk connect to the internet using the same laptop. Also when I boot the system in safe mode I am able to browse using my Internet Explorer.

There is no problem with the Internet connection since I am able to browse on the same internet connection using my office laptop.

Any help would be appeciated.

PS : Also around the time that google chrome stopped connecting to the internet. My DVD rom also stopped working, whenever I put a CD/DVD into the DVD rom and try to open it, it gives an error stating that no DVD could be found and it ejects.
Dont know if these two problems are interconnected.

You kind of tended to ramble a bit towards the end! So let's define the problem(s).

1. You cannot connect to the internet on any browser?
2. Uninstall IE8 and see what that does.
3. Which computer has the router hard-wired to it?
4. DVD/CD drive can be considered separately
it gives an error stating that no DVD could be found and it ejects.
Check the Device Manager for errors- yellow triangle w/black !.

See THIS site for help with the Vista Device Manager.

Hi Bobbye,

I uninstalled IE8 but I am still unable to connect to the Internet using any of the browsers.
None of the computers are connected by hard wire, we use wireless network to connect to the Internet.

I had checked the device manager earlier it states that the DVD drive is working fine.

You misunderstood my question I think. I understand that the computers are networked and not connected to each other physically, but you must have a wireless router wired to one of the computers. Otherwise, are you telling me that you connect to the neighbors wireless network or some hot spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back