Internet Explorer or Firefox??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefox is a lot more secure and more customizable than IE is; Firefox is a lot better. I've used Opera for a while and so am used to it. However, it's probably up to your personal preference. I don't, however, recommend IE.

with firefox its all the same as with linux

once you've configured it you'll never wan't to change

enjoy the choice

edit: btw: there's a new Netscape to come

and i use also
IE7(not so much anymore since e-banking works fine now also in other browsers)
Opera9.x (good privacy)
konqueror (alrouder)
not so often
Epiphany
Mozilla

Not much of a contest.
Like asking, "Which do you prefer - $50 or a poke in the eye w/ a sharp stick?"

I used Opera for several yrs, until v9 came out. A lot of loyal Opera users returned to v8.5x because v9 had so many bugs. Even before that, it seemed like there was always something wrong, and it was hard to get answers - for me, at least. But then, I was using dial up, and Opera was so much faster than IE, it wasn't funny.

I've used Firefox since v1.5, and never really looked back. If you want (far) more resources for KB articles, etc., and better support forums, I'd say go w/ FF. If they've got Opera 9.x ironed out, it may be a little more of a "plug & play" than FF, but not by a lot.

Far more softwares say they support FF than Opera, but it's possible they'd still work w/ Opera - dunno.

Opera 9 was ok for me, 9.1 crashed more than any other version I've ran both on OS X and Win XP. Then 9.2 came out, and it is much better, I've been running it since release day on my laptop and main home computer and haven't had a crash.

Check out this nifty little bug in Firefox 2.0.0.3:
Open in a new tab
Open in another tab
Now switch back and forth, see how the screen jumps. wtf firefox. It does that on 3/4 of the page loads, any page. Opera is more polished, and doesn't require a bunch of extentions to make browsing pleasureable expierence.

I agree with SNGX1275, Opera is much more functional and packed with useful features such as the zoom, speed dial etc.

SNGX1275 said:
..Check out this nifty little bug in Firefox 2.0.0.3...
no problems with linux2.6.20..

phps we should tie the OS to the question..
i've a hate/love thing with konqueror..

Been using firefox for quite some time. Anything other then IE6 is a good thing. :) If your using IE6 your just asking for trouble. Troubles are bound to find you eventually when using that horrid browser. Its beyond insecure. I never used IE7 so i can't say nothing about that. But I'm assuming its also not as secure since its still integrated into the OS. IE7+ on Vista is probably better then IE7 on XP. At least you got protected mode on in vista. However I think eventually someone out there will find a way around that just like everything else in life. Plain and simple, stick with a browser that is a stand-alone application. If its integrated into an OS don't use it. Good rule of thumb to go by. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back