Internet megabyte usage.

vomacka

My ISP is offering me a low cost internet service, but at a 250Mb/month limit.

I am looking for a program that will record how many megabytes I use when online each day so I can see when my Mb limit is up.

Is there a freeware program that will do this?

Thanks.

Scott

If your using Windows Vista/7 download the Network Monitor II sidebar gadget.

I have one on my W7 desktop - It does a pretty good job.

That said, 250mb is VERY small. You sure you keep keep below that amount monthly? I'd imagine the charges for exceeding that allowance would be pretty high!

Since 9am this morning (its now 5.42pm) I've already downloaded 327mb.... Just using the computer (and a couple of Internet security updates etc).

250 mb? its nothing more then a joke, frankly I wouldn't bother about such deals unless I am only using internet for email or some 'rarely occasional' surfing.

Thanks..

Yeah, you guys are right. 250Mb is waaay too small.

Verizon has a wireless broadband 5Gb/month option for $59.99.

Thanks.
Scott

It depends how much you use the internet. Its important to also remember that its not just what you physically download yourself, that allowance includes software/windows updates, which are getting bigger in size all the time.

I use the internet a lot, and to be honest would struggle with anything less than unlimited downloading. For example, this month so far I've downloaded 146GB alone, on just my main PC. That doesn't even take into account our Macs, laptops and other computers in the house - which is something else you need to consider if your connection will be shared by others.

Back