Internet not connecting upon startup Windows 7

Okay so this problem has been happening for about a week now but it started taking longer and longer and its getting quite annoying, so now I am here seeking advice.

Upon starting my computer, it has been taking a few minutes to connect to the internet. It started off only taking about 2 minutes, if that. Now it takes up to 15 minutes. When I start the computer, it says "A network cable is unplugged", but my cable is definitely plugged in and other computers in the house have internet both on wired and wireless connections. It will start to say "Identifying Network" and then switch right back to saying its unplugged. Then go back to the Identifying stage, and sometimes "Connected but limited or no internet connectivity", only to return to the "Network cable unplugged" status. Sometimes it just connects itself after 10-15 minutes and then it doesnt go out at all until I restart my computer, in which case this process starts ALL OVER. I have been using the same ethernet line since well before the problem started, although I have replaced the head several times since it began happening, and yet the problem persists. Its extremely annoying to have to wait for 15 minutes just to access the internet on my PC.

Anyone have any possible solutions?

How you tried replacing the cable (make sure it is straight-thru cable) or connecting to different ethernet ports?

Back