Internet not working and I've tried to reset original no proxy setting

fluffykitten

My internet was working fine, i thought it was the cat5 cable came loose but no cause i can connect on the network and transfer files and what things.. my other computer connects to the internet just fine..

I use firefox and my proxy settings were changed, so under configure proxies to access the internet, i checked No proxy, since that is the default option when i don't use a proxy but after clicking ok, ok and restarting

Nothing changed and now I don't know what to do to restore the connection.

I'm going to have this moved to the Storage and Networking forum where your previous thread was posted.

sure, networking sounds appropriate...

So far i have ran

TFC
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
GMER
DDS
MBRCheck
ComboFix
OTL with a couple of scripts

I do have logs of all the scans.

My proxy settings were changed by something, I reconfigured, reset the settings and set them to the default settings that worked in the past and is currently the same settings on my other computer which is working fine.

I've had your thread moved over to this forum because you have another recent thread here that may be invilved with your problem, You shouldn't go running malware scans randomly. If I had thought they were indicated now, I would have kept your thread in the Virus and Malware forum and instructed you.

However I note that you posted 2 threads in the forum and got no replies. So I'll go ahead and check your logs. Please paste the following logs in your next reply- use multiple posts if needed:
GMER
DDS (2 logs)
MBRCheck> you should not have run this unless instructed
ComboFix> you should not have run this unless instructed.
OTL with a couple of scripts> I don't want this.

And I have to make this clear:
Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

I don't know if malware is involved in your proxy problem. It sounds like you may be doing thing within the system that you should not be doing.

I will post logs, thanks and will follow instructions -

Before the incident, I didn't mess around with any system controls, since some time has passed, I will scan and post new logs.

Should I use same programs as before.

No, to start, just run the following:
GMER
DDS (2 logs)

I'll direct you after I see the new logs.

Back