Internet stops working randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

uch

Ok guys ....i reinstalled my windows vista home preminum from scratch and i still have the problem where my internet stops working randomly.

I tried many things, most of the things people have said on numerous forums. My bro uses the exact same laptop. but his internet is fine.
I tried to follow the event viewrs and changed many settings but to no avail.

But the internet drosp r less frequent after i reinstalled windows probably because there r less programs to interfer.

First i used to think that suddenly the computer stops reading my network card but thats not true coz when my internet stops. the icons sometimes, somtimes says there r no available networks but i can still see my network adaptor in device manager (it is not veiwable unless i swithc it on)...this means that the adpator is connected but the internet is not working...Sometimes it just shows limited connectivity, so i log off my network and when i try to log in, it doesnt...i have to switch it off and on again.

This problem usually happens when e.g. msn messenger or my voip software get stuck. When they get stuck, it knocks out the internet, or maybe the internet knocks these out lol..not sure..plz plz help me

two things i havent tried: updating firmware of the router, but most people say it doesnt work, and the exact same laptop my bro has and its working fine on our network

I also havent tried deleting the drivers completely and reinstalling the network adaptor's driver from its manufacteres site. they say its a possibility that the drivers the company gave were corrupt.
but until i try this...u got any solutions? i havent updated windows yet , coz i thught that might coz the porblem. but there is something elseeee

plz plz pl zplz pzl help

hi uch

when you said you reinstalled vista from scratch, did you mean that you formatted your HD and then installed the OS or did you just reinstall Vista without a format? Also, have you tried checking for viruses when you "tried most things"? Go through the 8-step virus removal tool here ... https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ .... Does your brother use the computer you're using or is it the same type of computer but separate computers?

Spyder_1386 :)

1. My brother uses the exact same laptop on this network. We have two seperate laptops but exactly the same.

2. I havent tried Anit virus, because i reinstalled my Windows. THis was a 'destructive reinstall' which means that all of my porgram, files etc were deleted and the laptop was set back to its original factory settings,like new.

3 Also, instead of using the wirless switch onthe laptop i can disable n then enable the wireless adaptor from device manager to make it work again

i am pretty sure its some vista thing...but noone has the solution for this, looked everywhere, i really need ur help.

Hey uch

Do try downloading the drivers from the manufacturer's website and see if that works. The limited connectivity bit in your initial post leads me to think about hardware issues. Maybe try it on another internet connection and see if that works? If it doesn't, then you know that the problem is specific to your computer and not to the network at your house. If it does, then you can assume that the problem has to do with your network.

Spyder_1386 :)

OK right now my internet keeps getting knocked out every few minutes. Right now, it doent go to limited connectivity but instead, says that i have no networks available.

Doing an ipconfig says that my wirless card is disconnected but its still avalable in device manager.

This problem has started again with the crash of msn and voip. I had loas of windows open throughtout the night in firefox and i belibe it has somerhing to do with low virtual memory i guess.

Is it possible that the infamous lag in vista is going on and while the lag happens, some programm freezes,and lag does not continue and it knocks out my internet?

ok this is weried. Like i said. Me and mY bro have exactly the same laptops, but his works' fine and mine randomly disconnects at home. btw Our home netowrk was made on his computer.

Ok we went to a friend's place to test our connections. when i went there, i stayed there for almost 7 hurs and nothing happend to my connection it was 100% fine. but now my brother's internet didnt even connect at my friend's place!!. whenever it connected it showed limited connectivity and would then just stop working!!!

this is weird our our laptops intefering with each other???!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back