iOS/Swift or Java and AngularJS

I'm an IT student and I should choose between four optional subjects on my college. Is worth choosing two iOS/Swift subjects over one from Java and one from AngularJS? I've heard on internet that Java is semi-dead language due to its low popularity, so I'm interested in wheather is it still in demand on the market. Also worth noticing is that I already have C# subject as mandatory and would choosing Java too be redundant because I heard that Java and C# are very similar? And finally, what is demand on the market over Swift language?

I'm an IT student and I should choose between four optional subjects on my college. Is worth choosing two iOS/Swift subjects over one from Java and one from AngularJS? I've heard on internet that Java is semi-dead language due to its low popularity, so I'm interested in wheather is it still in demand on the market. Also worth noticing is that I already have C# subject as mandatory and would choosing Java too be redundant because I heard that Java and C# are very similar? And finally, what is demand on the market over Swift language?
1. With the growing popularity of React JS (and even Vue JS), I would not put all of my balls in the Angular basket.

2. Java is not a language that I can recommend in today's landscape. Node.JS is better for most web applications (with some exceptions like bank applications).

3. iOS/Swift are a safer bet, but if you like JS then you can still go with Angular, it's still a widely used framework. Swift is native to iOS and can't be used to create cross-platform apps.

When choosing what to learn you have to look at the trends in the job market and what developers are transitioning towards. Swift developers are in demand, but JS developers demand is currently sky high.

Check LinkedIn for demand. In general Angular and React have similar job openings. Where I live, in Romania, the order is like this when I do a simple search: React (2.2k) > Angular (1.4k) > Swift (277)

Last edited:
Back