Ip address not found

I'm the operations manager of an ice arena. We have online access to our compressor/ engine room system to monitor and make changes to different settings etc. for some reason, I'm unable to open the web page from my phone or on my home PC. However other people are. I have tried different browsers and still nothing. just get an error message saying the address is taking too long to respond or IP not found. What could be the problem? I have the static I.P. correct and all the passwords if I can get there but...... nothing

I'm unable to open the web page from my phone or on my home PC.
Let's start with your PC where we have some tools to work with:

get a command prompt and issue PING the_control_room_website_address

does that give something like
Pinging yahoo.com [98.137.246.8] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 98.137.246.8: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=50
Reply from 98.137.246.8: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=50
Reply from 98.137.246.8: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=50
Reply from 98.137.246.8: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=50

Can you Clarify on the issue? Following onto @jobeard post have you tried that yet?If you are trying to access an internal website from the outside wouldn't you require a VPN access to the internal network?Have you tried configuration/connecting to the system through the Arenas pc or any device which is connected to the network?

Actually, the Gateway router would need a Port Forward to the webserver machine AND doing that on the common port 80; 443 would be inviting attacks

Another tidbit: PING accesses the outer gateway NIC, NEVER the webserver itself by definition. The only reason we can say PING GOOGLE.COM is because that's a dedicated server and the gateway NIC is on the same machine as the server.

Most hobby websites are shared-servers and anyone with a webserver on a LAN is not accessible from the public Internet (without extra work).

Another tidbit: PING accesses the outer gateway NIC, NEVER the webserver itself by definition. The only reason we can say PING GOOGLE.COM is because that's a dedicated server and the gateway NIC is on the same machine as the server.

Most hobby websites are shared-servers and anyone with a webserver on a LAN is not accessible from the public Internet (without extra work).
Thanks for this @jo im certain we've covered the same topic in class but I forgot again..

Back