iPad 2.4 model number

hellokitty[hk]

Hi everyone,
I was looking into an iPad 2, and I want to try to get one of the new 32nm shrinks.
In the Anandtech article about it, it says there is no difference between the old and new packaging or model numbers, and it appears that apple has not stopped production of the 45nm version yet, so I can't wait a bit for the new one to hit the shelves.

However, it looks like the black version seems to have a new model number, according to a user post on the Anandtech article. I searched up that model number and there's a newegg item listing it, and saying that it is the newest model but it's a bit more expensive and out of stock to boot. I also looked at some ebay listings and there appears to be some people selling the MC954LL/A model. It seems like there might be something to it.

Does anyone have any clear information regarding this issue? If you have a black iPad 2, it might be helpful to me if you post your part number along with weather it is an ipad 2.4 or not :). One last thing is that the new ones may have iOS5.1 installed, but I think that all new ones have that version, so I don't think that's a determining factor.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah I've looked through that and the people there seem about as dubious as everyone else.
I doubt I'd get a very solid answer unless I found a pretty big sample of people willing to check and post their model numbers.
Thanks.

Well, I wasn't expecting too much.
I think I'll try getting one of the models marked MC954LL/A either at best buy, the apple store, or if I can find it online specifically marked as such.

Like was suggested in that macrumors thread, just buy one and return it if it isn't the one you want. I know that sucks, but there apparently isn't a better solution.

Also, Techspot is really poor at giving any advice on anything Apple makes other than "don't buy it, its overpriced, isheep". There are maybe 4 people on the forums that combat that talk, and I think all 4 of us own/use a PC too.

Back