iPhone 5 coming to Virgin Mobile on June 28, pricing starts at $550

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Apple’s iPhone 5 is set to arrive on Virgin Mobile starting June 28. It joins a growing list of pre-paid carriers like T-Mobile, AT&T, Cricket Wireless and Straight Talk from Wal-Mart that have jumped on the iPhone bandwagon as of late.

The carrier will offer the handset as part of a pre-paid wireless plan that starts at just $35 per month with 300 anytime minutes, unlimited text messaging and unlimited data (throttled after the 2.5GB mark, however). The monthly rate can be lowered to $30 if the customer ops to have their bill automatically debited from their account each month.

iphone virgin mobile apple iphone 5

If you need more minutes, $45 per month will net you 1,200 anytime minutes or if you’re a heavy chatter, $55 will buy you unlimited talk time. Both of these plans also qualify for the auto-debit discount so you’d be looking at $40 and $50 per month, respectively.

Expect to pay $550 for a 16GB model, $650 for Apple’s 32GB version and $750 for the capacious 64GB model when the phones show up starting June 28. Do note, however, that the 32GB and 64GB models will only be available via Virgin Mobile’s web store.

In the event that you don’t need the newest phone available, Virgin Mobile recently discounted the iPhone 4 and 4S by 15 percent. These handsets can now be had starting at $297 and $382 for an 8GB iPhone 4 and 16GB iPhone 4S, respectively, without contract.

Permalink to story.

It's funny that there is always these apple haters that are first to reply.

I actually like my iphone 5 and I don't own anything else apple aside from the iphone 5. Built my own computer, have an asus tablet, has a lenovo laptop. 2 reasons for the iphone 5: (1) already invested in the apple ecosystem & (2) it works right out of the box.

Had I waited until today, I would have probably purchased the HTC One.

Some people just want some simplicity for some of their toys.

It's funny that there is always these apple haters that are first to reply.

I actually like my iphone 5 and I don't own anything else apple aside from the iphone 5. Built my own computer, have an asus tablet, has a lenovo laptop. 2 reasons for the iphone 5: (1) already invested in the apple ecosystem & (2) it works right out of the box.

Had I waited until today, I would have probably purchased the HTC One.

Some people just want some simplicity for some of their toys.
Apple haters? There's no such thing as an Apple (note the capital "A" Guest) hater on these forums, at least to my knowledge, just more intelligent, budget conscious smartphone users.

But if these are pre-paid phones why are you still paying a monthly sub of $40-$50? It kinda defeats the purpose. In South Africa, if you're a pre-paid user, you buy airtime & data time as & when you need it.

FYI Australia has had iPhone on Virgin Mobile AU since it released. Must be a US thing, with exclusives...

A joyous event such as this definitely requires a soundtrack. With that in mind, may we present Leonard Cohen Live doing, "Hallelujah"

Back