iPhone to iPad?

learninmypc

Just a curious question. Having an iPhone4, is it possible to set up an iPad using my iPhone back ups?

I am sure you can Sync either with your iTunes and thereby get most of the data.
Contacts may be more difficult.

When I got my iPad my contacts synced. As long as you use iCloud, that type of stuff should sync. Apps are a different story though, you need to download iPad optimized apps instead. Consult us if you have any other questions.

When I got my iPad my contacts synced. As long as you use iCloud, that type of stuff should sync. Apps are a different story though, you need to download iPad optimized apps instead. Consult us if you have any other questions.
Yea, I found out when my landlady wanted me to put the KIROtv app on her iPad it was different from the iPhone. I've not used the iCloud, but I do have itunes on both machines now. :)

Ok, I just found out a few hours ago I'm supposed to be getting it this evening. The first question (of many) is will the photos/videos I have on my iPhone be transferred to the iPad or not?
I'm not currently signed up for iCloud, is it the same password or a different one? TIA :)

Just got my iPad but I forgot my password so I clicked the forgot my Apple ID or password & its supposedly sent a reset to thing to my email address but after waiting several minutes & even checking spam folder(s) nothing. HELP

I'm trying to be. I figured using my iPhone back ups to get info for the iPad would do the trick,it didn't. :(

Don't know if I should start a new thread, but I was watching the news this morning on my iPad with the KIROTV app when it suddenly quit & went back to the desktop. What could cause that? Any idea? TIA.
"EDIT" After it happened, I shut it down & restarted it hoping that fixes it.

Last edited:
If you tried using local backup(iTunes on computer), try restoring from iCloud backup or vice versa.

1a. Backup your iPhone to iCloud
Settings -> iCloud -> Backup -> Backup Now
1b. Backup your iPhone to iTunes
File -> Devices -> Back Up

2. Connect your iPad to iTunes on Computer and Choose "Restore"

3. After iPad is restored, you have the option to restore from iCloud or iTunes in the setup wizard screen.

If you tried using local backup(iTunes on computer), try restoring from iCloud backup or vice versa.

1a. Backup your iPhone to iCloud
Settings -> iCloud -> Backup -> Backup Now
1b. Backup your iPhone to iTunes
File -> Devices -> Back Up

2. Connect your iPad to iTunes on Computer and Choose "Restore"

3. After iPad is restored, you have the option to restore from iCloud or iTunes in the setup wizard screen.
What post are you replying to? My iPhone & iPad are both backed up using iTunes.
I haven't taken the time to read up on iCloud yet.

Back