iPhone X features -- catering to whom?

D

DelJo63

Well, it's finally here - - the most expensive smartphone ever. First, here's what you get for $999:

Hardware
  • OLED display
  • No Home button
  • TrueDepth camera
  • A11 Bionic chip w/six cores (see wiki)
  • Wireless charging
  • Water-resistant (30 min)

Software
  • Facial Recognition
  • Animoji
  • Supposedly longer battery life
Well, the OLED may be stunning - - for about 1,000 hrs and then there's problems (see wiki). If you're the type that's an early adopter(ie got to have the latest and greatest day-1), then the next version of the iPhone may be here before you have 1,000hrs of usage. Me - - I run'm until they fail or can not be updated. The other hardware features are certainly very general and usable by everyone and it's always helpful to have more battery life.

Looks to me that Apple is pandering to the Social Media with the two software features. Obviously, I'm not into that arena so these are useless and worth $0.01 to me.

On my most trip, I was heavily into GPS mapping, texting, email and (almost forgot about) making phone calls. I've got 4.1 GB of music for those long drives and for 2,500mi, it was nice to not be searching for a radio station in the car.

Highly recommend you evaluate just what utility/$$ you will get with the new iPhone X

I think facial recognition and longer battery life are the only necessary upgrade for the software. Wireless charging sounds promising as well because God knows how much expensive lightning cables I bought for using iPhone 5 to 6s.

I think facial recognition and longer battery life are the only necessary upgrade for the software. Wireless charging sounds promising as well because God knows how much expensive lightning cables I bought for using iPhone 5 to 6s.
Paying $1000 to avoid a $39 cable? WOW!

Paying $1000 to avoid a $39 cable? WOW!
Well, I bought 6 cables in a span of 4 years. And I think it is inevitable to upgrade or change my phone soon.
Don't worry, my cable is still working and I don't have the plan to buy the phone as soon as it is released. :)

Back