Iran blocks Clash of Clans because it encourages violence and tribal conflict

midian182

Staff member

Iran is up there with China when it comes to placing restrictions on its citizens’ gaming and online activities. The Middle Eastern nation banned Pokémon Go last summer over unspecified security concerns. Now, its attention has turned to another popular mobile title: Clash of Clans.

It’s been reported that an Iranian government body, reacting to reports from psychologists, want the mobile game banned because it encourages violence, tribal war, and is extremely addictive.

Supercell’s title was found to be particularly harmful to Iran’s younger generation. The committee warned it could have negative effects on family life if teenagers became addicted to the game.

The majority of members from the Committee for Determining Instances of Criminal Content have recommended the game be blocked. A survey from earlier this year suggested that around 64 percent of mobile owners in Iran played Clash of Clans.

Local fan sites reported that players were struggling to access the game after the restrictions were brought in on December 27. Some reports say an age limit will be introduced, but right now the block is affecting everyone, according to the BBC.

One month after the hit augmented reality mobile title was released, Iran became the first country to ban Pokémon Go over concerns about its location-based gameplay. Other games banned in Iran include 1979 Revolution: Black Friday for being "pro-American propaganda," and Battlefield 3 for its depiction of US soldiers invading Tehran.

As was the case Pokémon Go, some Iranian Clash of Clans players are already using VPNs to circumvent the restrictions.

Permalink to story.

Lol, I love these blame-game pieces that try to sneakily jab other countries.

"Iran is up there with China when it comes to placing restrictions on its citizens’ gaming and online activities."

How about real-life restrictions? The US must therefore be above them, given Edward Snowden has to stay in *RUSSIA* of all places, because he [rightly] fears he won't get a fair trial if he returns home. Now, if you're staying in Russia because your own country won't treat you right, you know things are f*kd up lol.

Or what about Julian Assange? Still in the Ecuadorian Embassy, because Sweden/UK can't promise he won't get extradited to the US if he steps outside?

Or how about other filthy casuals. Chelsea Manning maybe? Lol. Besides, banning games which might be pro-american is one thing; quite annoying and stupid mostly. But what about talk of banning an entire class of people from entering the country.......... Like Trumps Muslim ban? Oh... Woops. As for the Pokemon Go security issues:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...le-gives-hit-game-access-account-details.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4rt7xs/pokémon_go_and_the_cia/

Anyway... At least it's encouraging VPN use! Let's be positive! Powerrrrrrrrrrr Rangers!

Then goes on to only mention the USA. :)

To help you, take notice the story is about something that is happening in Iran. Why talk about anything else other then the story? You could, but why and why here?

Last edited:
Then goes on to only mention the USA. :)

To help you, take notice the story is about something that is happening in Iran. Why talk about anything else other then the story? You could, but why and why here?
They talked about China didn't they? ;)
Besides, the story isn't thaaaaaat interesting. I'd rather chat with nice people like yourself.

This guy has ascended and become some type of Super SJW. Whenever he posts, it should be mandatory that we play theme music as he composes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s2Ksz7rpck

"Iran is up there with China when it comes to placing restrictions on its citizens’ gaming and online activities."

How about real-life restrictions? The US must therefore be above them, given Edward Snowden has to stay in *RUSSIA* of all places, because he [rightly] fears he won't get a fair trial if he returns home. Now, if you're staying in Russia because your own country won't treat you right, you know things are f*kd up lol.

Or what about Julian Assange? Still in the Ecuadorian Embassy, because Sweden/UK can't promise he won't get extradited to the US if he steps outside?

Or how about other filthy casuals. Chelsea Manning maybe? Lol. Besides, banning games which might be pro-american is one thing; quite annoying and stupid mostly. But what about talk of banning an entire class of people from entering the country.......... Like Trumps Muslim ban? Oh... Woops. As for the Pokemon Go security issues:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...le-gives-hit-game-access-account-details.html

Anyway... At least it's encouraging VPN use! Let's be positive! Powerrrrrrrrrrr Rangers!

Shouldn't they block most versions of all religions?
If they negatively affect the baseline quality of life of others, then yes (this includes indoctrination of supernatural claims). Other then that, people can believe what they choose.

Last edited:
If they negatively affect the baseline quality of life of others, then yes (this includes indoctrination of supernatural claims). Other then that, people can believe what they choose.
Indoctrination of supernatural claims? - america is the greatest country on earth? Make america great again??

Indoctrination of supernatural claims? - america is the greatest country on earth? Make america great again??
I am not from USA and I don't know your screen name, but in the few interactions I have seen, you seem clinically obsessed with the country. Why is this?

Also, there are countless things that can make something great or not. There are many things the USA is awesome for and many things they are not awesome for. All countries abide by this same logic. It just happens to be that the USA has A LOT of awesome traits and very few bad ones when compared to other countries. Are there better countries? Yes and no - depends completely on what measurement you are going by and who that measurement is valuable to.

Advice: worry less about the USA. There are a great deal more bad things out there to worry about.

I am not from USA and I don't know your screen name, but in the few interactions I have seen, you seem clinically obsessed with the country. Why is this?

Also, there are countless things that can make something great or not. There are many things the USA is awesome for and many things they are not awesome for. All countries abide by this same logic. It just happens to be that the USA has A LOT of awesome traits and very few bad ones when compared to other countries. Are there better countries? Yes and no - depends completely on what measurement you are going by and who that measurement is valuable to.

Advice: worry less about the USA. There are a great deal more bad things out there to worry about.
Because of its hypocrisy (especially in media) and constant terrorism in the world. And A LOT of bad traits, in addition to the good.

One of the bad ones: Carrie Fisher died :/

SERIOUSLY???? Iran claiming it's too violent? Can't wait to see their newest postings for the Red Cross!!!

Blocking people from playing mobile games *is* a real life restriction and a newsworthy one for this kind of website. In the wider context, though, it is an extremely minor one compared to other real life restrictions imposed upon Iranian people by the theocratic government. In a response to davislane1, you imply that you know justice, but the self-induced blindness betrayed in your post suggests you're an evil little wretch.

Blocking people from playing mobile games *is* a real life restriction and a newsworthy one for this kind of website. In the wider context, though, it is an extremely minor one compared to other real life restrictions imposed upon Iranian people by the theocratic government. In a response to davislane1, you imply that you know justice, but the self-induced blindness betrayed in your post suggests you're an evil little wretch.
Well I can't include everything in my post, Mr Fnuglesutch. Wouldn't want to make you or davis feel bad about being wrong after all <3. It's the same thing you'd say about the Chinese I bet lol, unknown to you how awful the US treats its people. Restrictions eh - the US has more prisoners than any other country, is nearly 40th in press freedoms and politics entirely controlled by big money. How free you are <3. Luckily, Trump is the champion of freedom! Haha

Well I can't include everything in my post, Mr Fnuglesutch. Wouldn't want to make you or davis feel bad about being wrong after all <3. It's the same thing you'd say about the Chinese I bet lol, unknown to you how awful the US treats its people. Restrictions eh - the US has more prisoners than any other country, is nearly 40th in press freedoms and politics entirely controlled by big money. How free you are <3. Luckily, Trump is the champion of freedom! Haha
again.. the USA... you need a doctor, this can't be healthy. I wounder if the admins will create a USA only channel where everything is about them. Maybe they would let you mod it. It seems to be your main interest.

again.. the USA... you need a doctor, this can't be healthy. I wounder if the admins will create a USA only channel where everything is about them. Maybe they would let you mod it. It seems to be your main interest.
Well they call themselves the most powerful country in the world, so they deserve critique eh? After all, they don't get enough of it, due to a mixture of fear/subservience from others and brainwashing/denial from themselves lol. But you're right, I'd be a GOOD power puff girl to lead that effort! Mr Ripplesnuff <3. But let's stay on topic.

Well they call themselves the most powerful country in the world, so they deserve critique eh? After all, they don't get enough of it, due to a mixture of fear/subservience from others and brainwashing/denial from themselves lol. But you're right, I'd be a GOOD power puff girl to lead that effort! Mr Ripplesnuff <3. But let's stay on topic.
Let me ask you a question: What do you see when you see a butterfly in a park with kids and laughter?

Let me ask you a question: What do you see when you see a butterfly in a park with kids and laughter?
Well isn't it obvious?! I see rapacious economic inequality perpetuated by the capitalist state against the hapless proletariat, of which their very own taxes are used in a concerted tax-avoiding effort by the conglomerates of the world that be, to weaken our democracy, destroy the environment and plunge all remaining remnants of gender equality into the abyss, solely for the benefit of the now-fascist state that created the military-industrial complex to start with!

Then I look at the kids.

They're standing in the shadow of Trump tower. Shadows, being black, means the kids are being spoon-fed a steady diet of RACISM and indirectly subverting Black Lives matter! Despicable.

Oh and that butterfly. Filthy casual.

What about you?

Well isn't it obvious?! I see rapacious economic inequality perpetuated by the capitalist state against the hapless proletariat, of which their very own taxes are used in a concerted tax-avoiding effort by the conglomerates of the world that be, to weaken our democracy, destroy the environment and plunge all remaining remnants of gender equality into the abyss, solely for the benefit of the now-fascist state that created the military-industrial complex to start with!

Then I look at the kids.

They're standing in the shadow of Trump tower. Shadows, being black, means the kids are being spoon-fed a steady diet of RACISM and indirectly subverting Black Lives matter! Despicable.

Oh and that butterfly. Filthy casual.

What about you?
Figured.

BABY TAKE ME BACK!

*James Blunt - You're Beautiful*

I lied before, I'm SORRY!

*Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie*

I see a gorgeous butterfly, glimmering in a prismatic beam of light, invoked by the very creator himself, while my gaze falls upon that which was created in his own image; those kids, dancing in between the rays of sunshine that Harambe himself would've been proud of - my heart instantly filling with a sense of boundless joy and consummate happiness, as everything in my life seems to all but fall into place. <3

01017CCB000004B0-3711330-image-m-23_1469697069654.jpg
This guy has ascended and become some type of Super SJW. Whenever he posts, it should be mandatory that we play theme music as he composes.
Wouldn't it be better just to keep reporting him, as opposed to humoring him?-

You could get more intelligent and less biased conversation by walking over to one of these:

Donkeys-Fighting-Very-Funny-Picture.jpg

01017CCB000004B0-3711330-image-m-23_1469697069654.jpg

And then talking to the hind quarters. Pick up the tail first though, so nobody can say they didn't hear you...:p

Last edited:
Back