Is Having a Blue Screen Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound Man

Hi

OS,Vista Home Premium

This has Happened since I bought the Computer last year

When you type in your Password

The screen goes Blue for about 5-10sec and then loads the background with all my Folders etc.

I was told if you have a Blue Screen its very bad

But I wasn't to sure and thought I should ask

Ok normally having a blue screen like that is not normal and this show that there may be a problem elsewhere.

For starting what graphic card you have in your PC? A bad graphic card or an old one may do some problem as Vista takes about 150MB graphic memory when it is on the desktop with Aero enable.

I get a blue background screen beneath my log on screen.

The blue screen of concern is the one that happens when something goes wrong. It will have white lettering on it displaying the error. This is called the Blue Screen of Death or for short, BSOD.

EDIT to add: what I described for myself would more accurately be called background color rather than a blue screen.

Yeah I agree with you Bobbye, blue screens can be good or bad. Bad is you see a dark blue screen with white letters. Good is you see light blue screen with white letters. Light blue means there is something wrong with your HD and it is performing a check dsk. And most time doing a check dsk, fixes the problem on your HD.

KINGMEET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back