Is my card 512MB or 1GB?

drew081886

I have an nVidia Geforce 210 and the packaging said that the card was 512MB. I ran GPU-Z and it also says 512MB. However, CPU-Z and System Requirements Lab both say that I have 1GB. What's going on here? Which is correct?

Hard to say what's going on but if the package says it's 512MB and GPU-Z says it's 512MB I'd think those are correct. Check the Nvidia control panel, I would expect that to be correct.

As JMMD said, the nVidia control panel will tell you. Right click on an empty spot on the Desktop, click on NVIDIA control panel, at the top click on Help and then click on System Information.

Another way to check for video RAM is go to Start > Run box > type dxdiag. When the report comes up, click on the Display tab.

If you bought a 512mb, and appear to have recieved a 1gb, there is no mystery, pretend nothing happened and move on :).
It won't make much a difference either way, there won't really be any disadvantages for a 1gb card so its fine IMO.

Yes, you are fortunate. I've heard of this kind of thing happening once in awhile, getting a better version than the box said. Good for you.

Back