Is my pc bottlenecked

Piiote

My specs:

Cpu: i5 4430
Gpu: gigabyte aorus GTX 1080
Mobo: Asus h87 plus
Psu: be quiet pure power 600w 80+ silver
Ram: can't remember the model but 8gb ddr3

I recently upgraded from a GTX 970 to the 1080. I do see a very noticeable difference, the 1080 is way more powerful than my old 970. My maximum fps in most modern games on ultra settings are 70+, but I get hardcore dips into low 40s and high 30s, and it happens often.

Should my low quality cpu really be making such a difference and would upgrading to a better cpu and mobo (and ddr4 16gb ram) make a really big difference? What am I doing wrong

I checked the website, the options there are way too limited to give me an accurate report. Thanks for the reply, but is it possible to get some assistance?

That was the easy way.

Another 'easy' way is to rig a second monitor and use task manager on the performance tab and to run the games into the lag condition and identify which component has topped out. If none, then it is likely to be a driver issue or a hidden heat issue or a configuration issue.

If task manager is too unsophisticated, then consider MSI afterburner...comparing your system results with other tested system results with similar or better components.

It could be as simple as doing a clean driver install or a complicated as bigger PSU, more RAM and an i7. Test and compare your system to figure that out.

You might get some ideas from

Last edited:
Back