Is my processor meeting the requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Prototype thinking my pc was compatible. The game loaded but crashes every time I start it.
The game requirements are
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86ghz or AMD athlon 64 x24000+ or better
Video Card: All NVDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256 MB and Better chipsets. All ATI Radeon x1800 256 mb and better chipsets
Memory:
HD= 8GB Free
RAM= 1GB RAM for windows XP

I am running
Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.53Ghz
Video Card: Radeon 9250(0x5960) 256mb BK-ATI VER 008.017D.031.000
Memory: HD 8.53GB free (the game is already on the HD) RAM 1.5GB

Are the game requirments too much for my processor. It seems everything else is meeting but I am not sure about the P4 to core2/athlon comparison

Do you really think a Pentium 4 ® is equivalent in that requirement to core 2 duo?
Not really, but it won't cause a crash, again, your computer will just fail to run the game well, NOT crash if your hardware isn't good enough.

Another problem is likely the graphics driver. It's so old that it can't run the newer game and probably is causing the crash. ATI stopped supporting the Radeon 9250 in 2006 and so driver development for that card stopped as well. In other words the most recent driver available for that card is from 2006.

probably MIGHT be able to run it on lowest....depends how much of a console port it is and how long they spent optimizing the pc version

Thanks to everyone that responded. I will be picking up another PC this holiday season thanks to your feedback and ability to highlight how woefully behind my current pc is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back