Is there a program that can show me what programs are accessing my internet now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

higgeo

All it would have to do is give me a list of programs or other networked devices accessing the internet, and maybe the percentage of bandwidth and other details too.

I'm not sure if such a program exists though.

I know what task manager is...it doesn't show you internet usage though...

I know about a firewall but i kneed to see what programs are using the internet at the moment.

I am using Windows XP

please healp

A firewall will show you what programs are accessing the internet.

Try Comodo or Zonealarm

cports is vista compatible.. another handy program is tcpview

/**** Edit *****/
fyi The tcpview download also includes a command line version for same functionality

What Internet security or firewall are you presently using ?
I know about a firewall but i kneed to see what programs are using the internet at the moment.
Many leading brand firewalls give comprehensive details of realtime communication, including IP addresses, time and data info.

I was one of those Sygate fans many years ago, which would show me exactly everything that was happening in a very small program. But since Internet Securities (or basically Firewalls) have improved so much, it is sometimes difficult for users to know everything that your Firewall can do.

The above suggestions, from members here are excellent basic free tools, but I believe you may be asking for the real deal of complete analysis of all transfer of communication (packets) on the Net. Your first option would have to be a good firewall as most modern Firewalls have this option for users already.

The original question was WHICH programs were using the Internet, but it you
want protocol info then see http://www.wireshark.org for packet sniffing :)

>> anything better?

define better. what are you specifically looking for?

yer. That is what i whant a real time program that i can see what programs are using the net realtime. I have McAfee whitch is very good but i does not show real time. please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back