Is there a virus ro hidden program slowing down my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxjoyner1

I wonder if you anyone can help. Over the past few weeks my computer has been slowing down and crashing when I try open files and internet.

My avg scans come up clean however I have had some detections in the system volume files a couple of months ago.

I have followed the 8 step virus removal. Nothing really came up but I have attached the logs below.

Thanks for any assistance.

Max

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-02-24 (00-29-11).txt
    866 bytes · Views: 3
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 02-24-2010 - 01-34-18.log
    602 bytes · Views: 2
  • hijackthis.log
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

Is there a virus or hidden program slowing down my PC

Thanks Broni for getting back to me. I have done as instructed and have attached the combofix log along with the new hijackthis log.

Attachments

• combofixlog.txt
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
  • hijackthis2.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
Extract its contents to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop.
Go to Start > Run (Or you can hold down your Windows key and press R) and copy and paste the following into the text field. (make sure you include the quote marks) Then press OK.

"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l C:\TDSSKiller.txt -v

If it says "Hidden service detected" DO NOT type anything in. Just press Enter on your keyboard to not do anything to the file.
When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called TDSSKiller.txt please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Is there a virus or hidden program slowing down my pc

Hi broni,

I hacve done as instructed. A dos box cae up saying it has scanned my computer and found nothing and ask me to press enter to continue. I pressed enter and the box disappeared. No log was produced. Is that normal. Is my computer officially clean now?

Thanks and regards

Max

Download the MBR Rootkit Detector: http://www2.gmer.net/mbr/mbr.exe to your desktop.

* Doubleclick mbr.exe and follow prompts (Vista users: right click on mbr.exe and click "Run As Administrator").
* A black DOS window will quickly appear then disappear.
* When mbr.exe is finished it will create a log on your desktop.
* Copy and paste contents of that log (mbr.log) file to your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back