Is this a decent Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankTank

Looking for a little advise. I'm not new to PC's but I've never owed a Laptop. For my birthday my wife bought me a Toshiba Satellite® L555D-S7005 from office depot. Price seems decent at $550 plus tax. Here's the link: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/839619/Toshiba-Satellite-L555D-S7005-17-3/

Now I intended on primarily using the laptop for internet browing for the most part. I know a netbook would do the trick, but I'm not the hugest fan of the small screen size and I like the upgrade-ability of a laptop.

I initially was looking at one of those cheaper $300-400 range laptops which of course have much lower specs than this one and would probably be an Acer brand.

So my questions is....should I just bite the bullet and keep the Toshiba? The more I look at the specs, the more I like what I see and I think it will be a Laptop that I will have for a long time. What do you think?

Thanks for the advise.

For the purpose you stated above with regard to usage of this new notebook, it is more than capable of doing it :)

Congrats & Happy Surfing on your Birthday :D

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it would be worth returning and saving the $100-200 bucks or not on a different laptop setup or if this one was overkill.

It isn't overkill at all; and 300-400$ range is for netbooks; they are just ok for what they do but for everything else they are ridiculously underpowered and useless. Thats why I've never thought of wasting my money on them. A proper notebook is far better option in my view.

With 20% off and @399 this too is very decent deal; and will fulfill your requirements easily. However, the first choice i.e. Toshiba is slightly better equipped with regard to RAM, slightly faster processor, larger screen, and better graphics than the ones on ACER.

So really its upto you, if you have bit of spare money go for Toshiba; otherwise that acer one will do it for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back