Is this a good line conditioner?

I have the 800avr version and find it effective for two systems, the modem & a router.

I noticed it has a simulated sine wave. That only makes a different when running of the battery, right? So normally the equipment connected is getting a real sine wave?

don't sweat the little stuff. The PSU will take inputs from pure sine wave all the way to square wave :)

If I understand correctly, it tells me that sometimes the output 116/117 volts. Is that ok? For example is anywhere between 110 to 120 v good for computers to use?

If I understand correctly, it tells me that sometimes the output 116/117 volts. Is that ok? For example is anywhere between 110 to 120 v good for computers to use?
115 Volts is considered "nominal" for AC line voltage, in the US and, (I believe Canada), as well. Actual; voltage can vary simply by virtue of your distance from a substation, or for that matter, the power substation itself. It could go a high as 125 volts.

As jobeard said, don't sweat the waveform. In reality, the sinusoidal wave form is created as the rotor of the generator passes through the stator field. It reaches maximum potential at peak magnetic flux density, then subsides.

I would think that the output of a UPS would have to be called, "simulated", since the batteries are direct current. (Hence they don't inherently have a waveform).

Back