Is this because of my motherboard?

TheLogicalDan

Ok, this is a problem I have had with my computer for months. It lags/sound gets distorted at least once a day. Either right when I turn it on, or after a little use, or after long use, it doesn't matter, its all the same. It will do this and render the computer unusable. Please, I've tried for so long, can anybody help me. If its my motherboard I can take it back under warranty. Ive heard it can be my sound, since its integrated, that would mean its my motherboard.
I'm sorry I'm stupid when it comes to computers. Please help. :) Here is the problem on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDNIugQjI0A

Good video to show the problem, thanks :)
I would try a 3rd party sound add-on card, but make sure you disable the on-board sound first. What Operating System are you running? Have you applied all the Microsoft Updates?

Windows 7 64 bit and yes

I turned off the sound and it happened right when I restarted my computer, but something I noticed.
I have a Black Magic Intensity pro capture card, and sometimes when i turn on my computer (some not all) it will ask me to update my drivers. Now the thing is almost every time (almost not all) this message pops up my computer will start doing this. Now it won't let me update the driver for some reason (it will say download fail and stuff.) Now I was wondering could my capture card be doing this? Even when I'm not using it.

Back