Is this Full XP SP3 Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like it is only the service pack/the update. not full version.

it looks like it is only the service pack to use if you already have xp.

i just don't see windows putting win xp out there for you to download for free.

Likely not you probably have SP2 unless the CD is less than a year old.

You should still be able to read the label from the disk if it only broke in half!

The link you posted is to the SP3 only!

It will have SP1 SP2 or SP3 unless it is old enough to be the first edition of XP before any service pack which will have no SP designation.

You can tell what is installed on the computer by accessing the System App.

Do this by holding down the Microsoft Flag key (Windows Key) on the keyboard and then tap the Pause/Break key at the end of the top row.

This will show Windows version/SP level processor speed and ram .

Mike

Likely not you probably have SP2 unless the CD is less than a year old.

You should still be able to read the label from the disk if it only broke in half!

The link you posted is to the SP3 only!

It will have SP1 SP2 or SP3 unless it is old enough to be the first edition of XP before any service pack which will have no SP designation.

You can tell what is installed on the computer by accessing the System App.

Do this by holding down the Microsoft Flag key (Windows Key) on the keyboard and then tap the Pause/Break key at the end of the top row.

This will show Windows version/SP level processor speed and ram .

Mike

Mike I fail to see what any of that has to do with my question? I never asked anything about what version my previous disc was, nor would it actually matter considering they all use the same type of product key. Except with the exception of different versions of XP such as corporate.

If it was only SP3 I don't understand why the file size would be so large ( almost as large as a typical XP .iso installer )

So sorry to have misunderstood you question!

That is the SP3 package that can be downloaded as a executable or ISO as you had posted!

It is the correct size.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back