Is this patch safe?

pyromaster114

So I recently thought of an interesting idea:
Why can't I have multiple user sessions, via remote desktop, in Windows 7?
Well, apparently I can...

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/79427.aspx

Apparently by running this patch, I can actually get as many sessions as I want to connect.

Well that's great, because it's cool and allows me to access my computer remotely even if my friend is playing WoW on it or something, in case I need to get a file or look at something while I'm away.

However, I'm not sure if this patch is safe to run... I mean it's not an official release, so I have run it on a test system here and run Malwarebytes and such, nothing out of the ordinary found. I ran HiJack This... I don't see anything suspicious, but I'd like it if someone else could verify that, I've attached the log file.

Has anyone tried this patch before? Does anything in this log file look suspicious?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    7.1 KB · Views: 2
A Google search reveals that sppsvc.exe is a Windows file. However, it also reveals that it can be a malware disguise. So check for a copy of the file. Refer to the table below for what to do.

If you find...

Multiple copies of the file, scan them all. Remove the malware copies.
1 copy of the file, scan just to be sure. It is probably the Windows copy.
0 copies of the file, put in a Windows 7 disc and preform an sfc/scannow immediantly.

Thanks for the info.

It seems to be okay then I guess, but I'll double check that process that you mentioned again when I get home.

Back