Is Windows going to die?

Is Windows going to die?

• It's been dead for a while, one smelly corpsicle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I almost gave it some credence until I saw that it was authored by John C. Dvorak - the guy is the Anti-Nostradamus - I listed a few in this article, and that's without delving into his opinion of the iPad, and iPhone:
There is no likelihood that Apple can be successful in a business [smartphones] this competitive. Even in the business where it is a clear pioneer, the personal computer, it had to compete with Microsoft and can only sustain a 5% market share...What Apple risks here is its reputation as a hot company that can do no wrong. If it's smart it will call the iPhone a "reference design" and pass it to some suckers to build with someone else's marketing budget. Then it can wash its hands of any marketplace failures.

He is probably a tool indeed... It just came up on Google's central news page, and you would hope people then at least know what they are talking about, but it's just not the case...

I can't see Windows bouncing back hard. Previously Microsoft weren't listening to anybody but now they are probably listening mainly to the geeks and seeing how many features they can cram in. What most of us want need is a simple to use, instant on OS without all the worry of updates. It's not likely to happen.

... but now they are probably listening mainly to the geeks and seeing how many features they can cram in.
it's called Over Engineering - - the constant battle twix the business operations and the R&D department
What most of us want need is a simple to use, instant on OS without all the worry of updates.
and that's the mantra of the Mac environment and its users.

BUT, as those that have been here (aka long time users of TS) can attest, feelings run high when discussing alternative platforms. Objective difference aside, the real issues for migrations are all human factors - - retraining or willingness to relearn. At one time, the Office Suite was the big roadblock to migration, but today that point is moot with OpenOffice.

MS/PC dying??? 0.1% chance imo.

Back