Issues with webpage display in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully someone can throw me a line here, cos I'm pretty much drowning.

I'm aware of the very frequent "this page doesn't look right in Firefox!" and "Firefox isn't displaying this page like IE does!" issues, and suchlike.

this is not one of them. well... not strictly speaking.

basically, on a computer running XP, with multiple (3) user profiles, Firefox has started acting up on one of them. on the other profiles? it's fine. no issues. pages load up and display properly.

on the user profile in question, certain pages will not load up at all in Firefox, while others are fine. those that won't load will generally display the page's title in the titlebar, and insist that the page is loaded... but all we get is a blank page. not even an error message.

given the facts, it's clearly an issue with the user profile in question, and not a system-wide thing. and I'm guessing it's perhaps related to the makeup of certain pages themselves (stylesheets, etc).

but... I've done absolutely everything I can can think of, from uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox, updating it to the latest version, clearing the user profile in question of any leftover Firefox profile files, searching webwide for answers... changing values in the about:config...

all with no result.

I don't know if I'm just being ridiculously blind to what the problem is, or if anyone can tell from my incessant ramblings what precisely is going on... but I'd sure appreciate any help offered.

quite firefox
go to this directory
C:\Documents and Settings\problem-user-loginLocal Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

delete all contents​

go here
C:\Documents and Settings\problem-user-login\Application problem-user-login\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
open the default folder there
copy bookmarks.html to the desktop
backup one leve and delete the default folder

now launch FF and it will rebuild the profile for that user.
go to www.google.com
quit the browser

COPY bookmarks.html on the desktop back to C:\Documents and Settings\problem-user-login\Application problem-user-login\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
open the default folder there

next operation of FF will retain your bookmarks and should be good to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back