Javascript

circusboy01

As usual I hope this is the correct forum for this.I brought my computer back to factory setting.. I've seen, more than once, that it is good to do that once in a while. Besides I was bored.
Here's my problem I shut off Javascript, because of all the bad stuff I have been hearing about Java. Now I'm thinking Java, and Javascript are 2 different things. Because every time I turn around something wont run because I don't have Javascript.
Can someone please tell me how to reinstall Javascript.? The instructions I get are no help. for instance Google says click on wrench.and select prefferences. There is no wrench to click on, and no prefferences anywhere, that I can find
I'm using IE, Google Chrome, and Firefox. So I guess I need it turned back on in all of them.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Java is not Javascript.

Java needs to be downloaded and installed.

Every browser supports Javascript and the user can enable / disable it via the browser settings.

a) do not install Java
b) enable Javascript

:)

Java is not Javascript.

Java needs to be downloaded and installed.

Every browser supports Javascript and the user can enable / disable it via the browser settings.

a) do not install Java
b) enable Javascript

:)
Thank you. Where are the Browser setting?

You should be able to turn Javascript back on, in the same place you turned it off.

That makes sense. I even thought of it myself. Trouble is I don't remember where or how I did it.
No problem though. I just typed how do I enable Javascript in Mozilla Firefox in the search window, and followed the instructions.
Was going to do the same thing in Google Chrome. Then I saw what looked like a little open box with a little red mark. I clicked on it and it said my Javascript was disabled, and provided a place that I could click on to turn it back on.
Don't really care if it's on or off in IE. Never use it
Guess I should have tried harder to figure it out myself before I bothered you guys. Sorry ;0)

I use Mozilla firefox. And in this u can enable it by following steps:
1. Go to Tools option at top of firefox before Help tab.
2. Click Tools and then Options (its the last drop down option in Tools.).
3. Go to Content Tab in the Options Menu.(Its the third tab at top of Options Menu.) Click on it.
4. Check Enable JavaScript if its disable. That's it. I hope I have conveyed it properly.

If it is enabled, you may have installed an addon in Firefox such as NoScript that is blocking javascript on sites by default.

Ok, you don't need java (IMHO) so to get to settings in Google Chrome, click the 3 horizontal bars upper rignt & click setting in that menu.
Go down & click on Show advanced settings & locate Privacy & click on Content Settings. You'll see the Java Script settings. Good luck.

Back