Jio Fiber 2.4 GHz not connecting on TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter

Hello,

I have been using Jio Fiber in my office with 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz configured with different network names. I have connected TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter to a computer, which uses 2.4 GHz network to connect to the internet. Until last week, it worked just fine. But now it just doesn't connect. Sometimes it to used give an exclamation mark, but now it doesn't connect at all.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Sounds like a driver issue. Maybe it updated without your knowledge from Windows update? Try rolling the driver back to the previous version. I had a built in webcam do that...go from working fine to not working and I didn't fix it until I rolled the driver back and told Windows not to install drivers automatically for me.

Ahh so it is sounding more like it is the router/access point. Weak power supply for the router/access point could cause this.

Ahh well I mentioned it because the Bell 2wire Router/Access point used to have a weakness in the wall wart power supply. It would work but always crap out on WIFI use where more power was being drawn and WIFI would drop and be a problem for users.

I have to assume you tried the old IT thing was always say "Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?"

If one of your computers has an ethernet port you could connect a CAT5 network cable directly to the router to see if you can get a connection that way. If you can, you could login to the router and poke around. Download new firmware or reset the WIFI settings with different encryption settings.

Back