Jolla unveils first Sailfish OS smartphone, set to ship this year

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Jolla on Monday unveiled the first smartphone designed to run a Meego-inspired operating system called Sailfish. The Finnish mobile handset company, comprised of ex-Nokia employees, believes the self-titled mobile device will be a strong candidate in the mid- to high-end...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52640-jolla-unveils-first-sailfish-os-smartphone-set-to-ship-this-year.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Jad Chaar

Elite Techno Geek
$513? No thanks. I was impressed at first, but then the new OS, thick design, and price threw me off.

G

Waiting to see more info. I will probably pre order if for no reason to show Nokia's board how wrong they were to allow Elop to sell their companies future down the drain to MicroSoft.

highlander84

TS Booster
I like to see more companies trying to break into the market. Sadly unless they have an amazing device they will remain small..if they remain at all.

havok585

TS Addict
$513? No thanks. I was impressed at first, but then the new OS, thick design, and price threw me off.
Oh really? Like the first iphone was really cheap and look how that turned out. We're talking abouy ex-nokia employees here, so there are high hopes for this one.