Just a Simple Question :)

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here so I'm not very aware of the things going on. But I'm desperately posting this because I want some good answers and advice regarding my PC. And I'll appreciate any response.

Now here's my question. I recently bought a PC but not the kind you'd want as a gamer. I want to know if it's possible for me to replace its current Video card to Higher one, I mean a Graphic card capable for gaming and compatible for my system. Also about the RAM, I want to know if it's OK for me to change it to like 16g? My current Video card is NVDIA GeForce GT 620 1g. -

dappc.jpg

It mainly depends on your power supply, motherboard, and your computer's case on whether you can upgrade your video card. Chances are your power supply will be the most limiting factor on your machine. You could bump up to something like a 750 Ti without much concern about the PSU but anything higher and you'll likely need to change that part out also.

As far as the RAM goes it's all motherboard and what you've already got installed. You might end up having to remove some of your memory modules in order to put higher capacity ones in. That shouldn't be an issue with the Core i3 though - 16GB should be easily attainable.

Thank you for your response sir, I appreciate it. But one more question is it possible to know my power supply's capability? Or should I just checked it myself and open the case? I haven't checked the insides yet because I just bought it last week. Sorry I don't have much knowledge about hardwares.

350 watts. So you think it's possible to replace my Video card? or should I replace my Power supply first?

This would depend on the video card you plan on getting. Then go on what the video card requires for a power supply.

It depends on what GPU you're wanting to move up to. Like I mentioned, there are some much better video cards you can get into without changing your power supply. I have a 750 Ti that doesn't even need external power. Once you decide how far up the chain you want to go we can give you some better responses.

I actually don't know what to get. But I'm hoping if I can find a Video card that is good for gaming and won't have me changing my power supply. Any suggestions?

Back