Keyboard and touchpad lag after windows 10 upgrade

Hi.

I have a very annoying problem with my laptop. It occurred after windows 10 upgrade. The problem is about the keyboard and touchpad. When I typing something, I see it skips some letters, when I use the touchpad, the cursor moves lagging. After 3 or 4 hours using the laptop, everything fixed itself unknowingly. I downloaded pubg lite, when I play it, the mouse and keyboard problem disappears also.

It is almost 2 weeks I am struggling with this problem. I read many forums about that, I tried all steps, updated all drivers, installed new ones, did all computer things, but I couldn't solve the problem. When I use an external mouse, it works fine, it's all about the touchpad. I need help, please. I know there is not any problem with the keyboard itself, it's all about the computer's system. Please who knows something, tell me.

My laptops model and other infos:

ASUS N53SM (Win 10 Pro.)

Gen2 CPU means this laptop is getting to be 8-9 years old. It just wasn't designed to run the latest operating system, however it does work. One upgrade that would help the speed of your laptop is to change the spinning hard drive to a Solid State Drive (SSD). My fav. is the Samsung EVO 500GB for laptop upgrades. You can use the Samsung Data Migration Tool to copy the whole operating system and all your programs/data over to the new drive (The program is free off the Samsung website). You will need a Sata to USB cable to hook the drive up to the laptop for that program to work. The cable is low cost.

Your lag could be a struggling drive that is going through a period of self repair and that might be why it smartens up after a number of hours. I also thought it might be a heat issue that makes the CPU throttle (Slow down) but that would get worse over time not better, so I dismissed that. If you do end up upgrading to a SSD make sure you take the cooling fan off and clean the little radiator on the inside of the laptop. It will be dirty for sure. =)

I upgraded it's ram and storage. It is SSD. Everything works fine, except the keyboard and touchpad. I don't know what is the issue about :(

RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 659MHz (9-9-9-24)

Storage
447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

I would try opening the Task Manager to see if anything is overly busy that is causing that input lag. It wouldn't hurt to to check Event Viewer and Google any errors to see if the apply to your problem (there will be lots of red and yellow errors that are just part of the normal workings of a computer).

I would try opening the Task Manager to see if anything is overly busy that is causing that input lag. It wouldn't hurt to to check Event Viewer and Google any errors to see if the apply to your problem (there will be lots of red and yellow errors that are just part of the normal workings of a computer).

I have spent weeks to solve that, tried all ways that I find. Nothing changed. It is so unbearable.

I would be one of those "inquiring minds want to know" type of people so I would just put the previous OS back on as a test to see if the trackpad changed it's behaviour back to lag free. Silly question tho....you did look for and install a trackpad driver from the laptop manufacturer? If one isn't offered that could be the reason for the shoddy performance.

Back