Keyboard ceases to function after boot

mescallw

Hi guys. My roommate's computer crashed earlier this evening and in his words, "will not turn back on." His videocard has been on the fritz recently and I assumed it finally **** the bed. He already had the new card he ordered. So we took out the old card and put the new one in. When we boot up the computer, windows puts up that black screen that gives you the options of 1) Start up windows in recovery mode or 2) Start windows normally. When it gets to this screen the keyboard stops working. I know the keyboard works because I plugged it into my computer and it also works when in the bios menu on his computer. So I can't get windows to boot up normally because the arrow keys don't work.

The keyboard is logitech brand and is connected via usb. The computer is running windows 7. Any suggestions or insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Will

Thanks for your response. We got the keyboard situation fixed but the computer itself is in a terrible state. I'll make a new post since it doesn't fit this topic. Admins can close this topic. Thanks.

Back