Keyboard freezes every 5 seconds while background changes to gray

Hi, this problem has occurr ever since I first bought this pc. I have an HP Pavilion Notebook 2620 ds. I run Windows 8.1 which was updated from original system 8.0. I have read every solution on Windows 8 forum and HP forums. nothing has helped. While typing, my cursor disappears every 5 seconds. I have to move my mouse cursor to align exactly with the last letter & click so I can type again. Simultaneously, the top of my desktop page changes from blue to gray, and my cooling fan increases speed. I use my internal cooling fan. Also, when I try to move a picture in My Pictures, the drop down menu will disappear. Renaming pictures is almost impossible because my cursor ma disappear in only 1 second, or it may last 5 seconds.
Originally, my cursor would disappear every 10 seconds and reappear after 5 seconds. After a Chkdsk run, the problem changed to what I described above.
I have looked for 3rd party software, & removed anything I don't need. This problem started before I added any software. I was given a link once that solved my problem,but I didn't write it down. When I upgraded to Windows10, decided I didn't like it and went back to Windows 8.1, my problem began again. I have run my antivirus program, Advanced SystemCare Pro 9.1, I have checked disk, ran my Disk Doctor, I have done a Safe Boot. The problem didn't occur in Safe Boot but that didn't tell me much. I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

You have done a lot and I'm sorry you are still not sorted out.

I like Leo. He often has answers.. https://askleo.com/why-does-my-cursor-disappear-while-typing/

What you describe sounds like another application starts to run (removing cursor and switching from blue header "this is active" to gray "something else is active". Does alt-tab get you to something else that is active?

Hopefully, you have a strong anti-malware / anti-virus and it is up to date and your scans are clean.

If bought new and within warranty, you might pursue HP 'support'.

Thank you! Leo didn't help any. You asked about Alt/Tab. I clicked that as soon as the background went light & cursor in picture program stopped me from typing in renaming picture. ( the rename goes blue as if I've entered all my info & clicked Enter). The only thing my PC switched to was Desktop. No other active applications showed.
If you can think of anything else I'll try it. Yes I have a great anti virus program that automatically updates & I run it every ,2-3 days. Re warranty, no. Thus oc is at least 3 years old, noone will help from HP or Microsoft without payment.
Thanks for trying! Debbie

Just wondering if among other things, did you run sfc / scannow (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833 )
Hi! I had run scan before but didn't write it down. This time I wrote down the corrupted file. It said hash mismatch : Amd64/CNBJ2530.DPD doesn't match (same as above) DBB. Do you think that's the problem? Microsoft.com told me to replace the corrupted file with correct one. I haven't done that yet. I'm not sure how.

If SFC didn't do repair (it usually does), you need to locate a 'good copy' of the file to replace it manually. Are you sure you have written name down correctly? I can't find it. Please locate file on your computer and check 'properties'.

Thanks Cycloid Torus!!! I will! I'll let you know asap if this fixes my keyboard/typing problem. I appreciate the help more than you know!

Cycloid Torus! hey I fixed my problem, I think!!! It hasn't occurred in past 3 days, so I'm assuming it's okay now! Now to tell you what I did, because I still don't believe it was so simple! I had run my antivirus scan which I use Advanced System Care Pro. After my scan, I clicked on "Tools" which shows many tools on my computer available. I clicked on Win Doc because I remembered it helping me before with another problem. I ran the scan, it found one error (unfortunately I don't remember what it said) so I clicked "Fix". As soon as the error was fixed, my problem was solved. No more fan running constantly, no background changing colors and I could type constantly without losing the text cursor!!! I do wish I'd remembered what the particular error was!! Anyway, wanted to share the good news and thank you for all your help! I hope this helps someone else with same problem!!
1!

Back