1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Keyboard not working, device mgr. says OK

By goody211
Jun 28, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. I use a Microsoft 2000 wireless keyboard and it's worked for years. Device mgr shows the keyboard and the wireless receiver is installed and working properly. When I try to type a word it doesn't show up. Please give advice. Thanks

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,591   +963

Battery? If not, remove device and driver, replace with alternative, then remove and replace. Plug and Play should make it work.

3. goody211

goody211 TS Member Topic Starter

Batteries are brand new. I'm not clear on the next part, I did remove the device and reinstalled it. Before that, I plugged in a PS/2 keyboard and the same thing happened. Both keyboards showed up and working OK but no letters in search box.

4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,591   +963

I'm no pro with the Windows 10 OS, so I have to use my mouse to click on the search box before it will accept keyboard input. Otherwise my keystrokes disappear into the ether.

learninmypc likes this.