Keykey.sys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielxx

Hey i am fixing a laptop for my sister and her laptop would crash 1 time every day. I

check the dump file and they all pointed to keykey.sys I check it out on google and

they say it is a keylogger. Now the weird part is her My Picture folder is gone but

when i check the space on the HDD it shows that it is taken up. Is there a way to fix

this thanks.

KeyKey also has the ability to capture screenshots, when the machine is started up and shut down, and running processes. It runs in stealth mode, invisible to the user. It can be configured to send reports of the captured data by email.

What antivirus does she have, most uptodate AV products should catch this

I think spyware doctor will remove it, but would be worth changing any bank passwords or credit card numbers if she does online banking ect

Also might try MBAM

I had put AVG on it but i do not know if she lets it scan would it delete the picture folder or move it i tried using a app to recover deleted files but nothing showed up

hey i just wanted to check if there would be any luck on recovering pictures or if i should ask in the windows section thanks

i have to sleep but check here in your registry and see if you can find My Pictures, then right click it and select properties to make sure that the value is pointing to the location of where the pictures should be

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

You could check her restore points to see if there is one before the problem started

Thats where it should be pointing to

Look here -> C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents\My Pictures

Does the folder exist

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also lets try http://www.eset.eu/online-scanner

Using Internet Explorer

accept terms of service then click Start

Install the active X if required

Let me know the result

I did try the restore point i set it to about 2 months ago but still nothing and no the folder is not there. Will try the online scanner

Well this is what she said

She used the computer as normal she let avg scan then she used the internet when

she was done she turn it off by holding the power button then the next day she

turn it on and it was like a new computer everything was gone background and pics

Also i did a chkdsk /f/r

I don't know daniel. maybe try checking quarantine

or try searching for individual file names - find 1 you will find them all kinda deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back