Killdisk

You must understand, regardless of the tool used, you MUST boot from some other device than the internal HD to perform this task :)

I just wanted to erase the empty spaces and save my files. But never fear, I booted into the system recovery console and chose the EFI CD/DVD Option and it worked just fine. I originally thought there was something wrong my my killdisk when I couldn't get the pc to boot from the cd after changing the boot order in the Bios. I never was able to do that for some reason. I don't know why learninmy pc don't understand.

I just wanted to erase the empty spaces and save my files. But never fear, I booted into the system recovery console and chose the EFI CD/DVD Option and it worked just fine. I originally thought there was something wrong my my killdisk when I couldn't get the pc to boot from the cd after changing the boot order in the Bios. I never was able to do that for some reason. I don't know why learninmy pc don't understand.
There are alot of things about computers I don't understand even if explained easily. That is why I'm glad to be a part of TS, not to mention now that I have back up laptops, I feel more confident if that makes cents :) (sense).

@jobeard For those of us that don't understand, can you explain?
An Application is totally unnecessary. If the goal is to Reinstall or Empty a drive, the sure-fire technique is to remove ALL partitions. The system can't do that while running on a system within a partition, so first you have to boot on some other device. Once running from a non-internal HD, you can attack the HD by deleting any/all existing partitions - - all the data becomes inaccessible. To make the system bootable once again, create a NEW partition AND you need to format it. This is the time to perform a LOW-LEVEL format which will rewrite every sector in the partition. Bad sectors get remapped at this time (and never via quick format).

Now you're ready to Reinstall.

Back