Kim Dotcom severs all ties with Baboom, the digital music service he helped create

Shawn Knight

Staff member

kim dotcom music industry baboom

Kim Dotcom is well aware of the fact that he isn’t exactly on the best of terms with those in the music industry. Nevertheless, the file sharing guru helped create a digital music service last year called Baboom in which he owned a 45 percent stake in through a family trust.

Baboom, pitched as a way for musicians to get their tunes in the hands of fans through digital downloads and streaming while still getting paid, won’t launch publically until early 2015 but apparently the company has already suffered some setbacks due to its association with Dotcom.

As such, Dotcom and Baboom have decided to part ways. The decision appears to be amicable – at least on the surface – with Dotcom posting on Twitter that he was holding the company back and they’ll do better without him. He added that the music industry hates him (probably an accurate assumption at this point) and wished Baboom the best of luck.

Solidifying the split, Dotcom sold his 45 percent stake in the company although terms of the deal weren’t made public.

While not directly taking a jab at Dotcom, it’s clear that Baboom is more than eager to distance itself from Dotcom. Baboom CEO Grant Edmundson said the transaction means Dotcom no longer has any equity or role in Baboom, nor any relationship with the company.

Edmundson added that Dotcom is moving on to focus on other projects and both camps wish each other well with future plans.

Permalink to story.

Dear Kim, I don't care how much your services costs, but I got an extra cent here that I'm gonna spare just to put you on a treadmill.

It's clever the way he's sticking his elbows out a bit, taking full advantage of the widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio. Yup, that's what they teach in photo class, "fill the frame with your image"!:cool:

It's clever the way he's sticking his elbows out a bit, taking full advantage of the widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio. Yup, that's what they teach in photo class, "fill the frame with your image"!:cool:

There's also a Russian joke that says "A good person is (must be) aplenty". It implies that any good person oughta be a fatso, for the cause. But then, of course, Russians didn't know Americans well when they came up with that one...

Last edited:
There's also a Russian joke that says "A good person is (must be) aplenty". It implies that any good person oughta be a fatso, for the cause. But then, of course, Russians didn't know Americans well when they came up with that one...
Yup, there's no such thing as, "low calorie vodka".

(The truth is, the met us face to face most frequently in the aftermath of World War 2. At that point, we hadn't gone completely to seed yet....:D )

I don't know about that, but one thing is for sure, he's not taking a stand against obesity.
In any case, I doubt he's sitting on the fence about it! (It wouldn't hold him, but that's perhaps beside the point). One has to wonder if he's championing it, considering the extravagant lengths he has gone to embracing it...:eek:

I still think we need double-wide smileys for threads about Mr. Oblate.com.
creamy_kissen_dokomi_anime_convention_shop_muffin_pluesch_cupcake_smiley_manga.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about that, but one thing is for sure, he's not taking a stand against obesity.
You know hes good when media is trying to smere him like they did with assange and snowden you never hear about steve jobs iligetment child or robert bird being apart of the kkk the more sh*t they shovel the better you know dotcom is.

You know hes good when media is trying to smere him like they did with assange and snowden you never hear about steve jobs iligetment child or robert bird being apart of the kkk the more sh*t they shovel the better you know dotcom is.
Thanks for clearing that up for us.

I don't suppose you'd like to hear the rebuttal? Oh well, here it is anyway.

Of the three individuals you idolize, one is a simpering, gossipy, ponce, (Assange). The second is a traitor, (Snowden). And the third is a greedy thief. Mr. Dotcom's penchant for consumption is written all over his body. Whether he's feeding his face, or his bank account, he surely does it all to excess...

Besides, what's wrong with having an illegitimate child? Try it sometime, you might like it. (Although I do have some serious doubts, as to if or when that might come to pass).

Anyway, it has recently come to light that our 2nd president, Thomas Jefferson, had illegitimate children with his slaves. He's still on the nickel, (as is his estate, Monticello), and also the 2 dollar bill. So I guess, it's, "no harm, no foul", in the "who's rug rat is that", plausible deniability scheme of things.

In the meantime, you should probably just work on you spelling and syntax.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

I don't suppose you'd like to hear the rebuttal? Oh well, here it is anyway.

Of the three individuals you idolize, one is a simpering, gossipy, ponce, (Assange). The second is a traitor, (Snowden). And the third is a greedy thief. Mr. Dotcom's penchant for consumption is written all over his body. Whether he's feeding his face, or his bank account, he surely does it all to excess...

Besides, what's wrong with having an illegitimate child? Try it sometime, you might like it. (Although I do have some serious doubts, as to if or when that might come to pass).

Anyway, it has recently come to light that our 2nd president, Thomas Jefferson, had illegitimate children with his slaves. He's still on the nickel, (as is his estate, Monticello), and also the 2 dollar bill. So I guess, it's, "no harm, no foul", in the "who's rug rat is that", plausible deniability scheme of things.

In the meantime, you should probably just work on you spelling and syntax.
Lulz butthurt much

Lulz butthurt much
Were you able to successfully understand what I posted? Judging by your grasp of English, it seems very doubtful. But, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Every newcomer that comes blasting in with such certainty of righteousness such as you did, needs to realize that they may run into dissenting opinions in many forms, in many degrees, across many topics.

This response indicates to me, there isn't any depth behind your opinion, only something obtained by ingestion of juvenile targeted propaganda. Or phrased differently, "it must be true, because I read it on the internet, and Blabber-Bot's blog said so".
Lulz butthurt much
Lulz, isn't a response, and "butthurt" isn't a real word.! It's just a parroted mindless, trivial, internet meme. ("Meme", is a term I use in place of the more accurate, contemporary teenage delinquent colloquialism).

You're welcome from me for clearing that up for you, and welcome to Techspot.

Were you able to successfully understand what I posted? Judging by your grasp of English, it seems very doubtful. But, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Every newcomer that comes blasting in with such certainty of righteousness such as you did, needs to realize that they may run into dissenting opinions in many forms, in many degrees, across many topics.

This response indicates to me, there isn't any depth behind your opinion, only something obtained by ingestion of juvenile targeted propaganda. Or phrased differently, "it must be true, because I read it on the internet, and Blabber-Bot's blog said so".
Lulz, isn't a response, and "butthurt" isn't a real word.! It's just a parroted mindless, trivial, internet meme. ("Meme", is a term I use in place of the more accurate, contemporary teenage delinquent colloquialism).

You're welcome from me for clearing that up for you, and welcome to Techspot.
The Internet is serious business chill bro your butthurt is over 9000.

I was voicing Kim's humongous appetite.

f'ing hungry.
Ah ha! Gotcha...(y)

It is sort of a scary thought, having someone's appetite as a separate character. OTOH, it gives Dotcom a ready made alibi for his legion of indiscretions. It also gives one pause to wonder why he simply didn't eat the police officers who served the original warrant........case closed.;)

I hear he's got a picture of himself in his attic which is even fatter.

Last edited:
Wow you certainly don't like fat people do you. Leads me to think that the person sat behind your monitor all day posting on this site is also a fatty. Hi fatty how are you?

Wow you certainly don't like fat people do you. Leads me to think that the person sat behind your monitor all day posting on this site is also a fatty. Hi fatty how are you?
Not all that fat. So, my posts are not an expression of self loathing.

I suspect Mr. Dotcom's penchant for having to buy big men's sizes, results from a collateral portion of a greedy, consumptive, nature, and not from any glandular disturbance. He projects as if he were, "larger than life", and backs that up in a physical, substantive manner.

I'd consider it a personal favor if you wouldn't try any more of your amateurish pop psychology on me. You can't even figure out how to use the verb, "to sit", correctly. ("To sit", is the infinitive form). Being able to conjugate that verb, would place your English skills at about the 5th grade level. A big step up from where they are now, IMHO.

Do have a nice day! While you're at it, eat a head of lettuce and run a few miles for me, will ya?:p

Last edited:
Back