Kuo: Apple's iPhone 13 will come in the same four sizes as current-gen, but with better...

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Forward-looking: Although Kuo didn’t mention it specifically, the next iPhones will almost certainly be powered by a new version of Apple’s SoC, tentatively known as the A15 Bionic. Others have also said to expect an even smaller front notch and perhaps 120Hz displays, but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Well-known Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said in a recent research note that he expects next year’s iPhone 13 to ship in the same four model sizes as the current-gen handset, albeit with some major camera improvements.

In the research note, seen by MacRumors, Kuo said the ultra-wide cameras on the two high-end phones will get six-element, f/1.8 aperture lenses with autofocus. In comparison, all iPhone 12 models have an f/2.4, five-element ultra-wide lens with a fixed focus.

Kuo also expects Apple to get back to business as usual with next year’s iPhones. Specifically, he anticipates a return to the traditional September window for product unveiling and launch. The aforementioned upgraded cameras should help Apple sell more units, as will the fact that 5G will be more established come September 2021.

As for the new iPhone 12 family, we won’t really have an idea of how they are performing for Apple until after the holidays since they were bumped from the usual end-of-Q3 window due to the ongoing pandemic.

Masthead credit: Hadrian

Permalink to story.

So there will be hardly any innovation, it will have number 13, and it will be assembled in India. That'll be enough to run away from it.

Oh just stop this, man... Get yourself 1TB iCloud storage, and stop moaning.
Don't be so critical, I'm sure Apple operations team read iPhone related Techspot posts and take his comments into consideration.

Just make sure you come with 1TB storage.
I’ve seen you mention before that you need 1tb for recording. Well you can now get 1tb memory cards fast enough for a go pro, they are most certainly not cheap but a go pro and a fast 1tb memory card is a lot cheaper than a modern iPhone with maxed out memory and in my opinion the video quality is better on a go pro too.

Finally, after crap ultra-wide they presented on iPhones 11 and identical ones on iP 12 they certainly have a massive room for improvement.
More good ultra wides is always great in my book.

Finally, after crap ultra-wide they presented on iPhones 11 and identical ones on iP 12 they certainly have a massive room for improvement.
More good ultra wides is always great in my book.
Yeah the sensor under the wide lens on my 11 pro max is noticeably worse than on the other two lenses. I read that the 12 pro max carries an upgraded sensor on the wide lens but not the 12 pro (non max) or the 12, I may be wrong on that but it’s a cheeky way of segmenting off the max version if you ask me!

Yeah the sensor under the wide lens on my 11 pro max is noticeably worse than on the other two lenses. I read that the 12 pro max carries an upgraded sensor on the wide lens but not the 12 pro (non max) or the 12, I may be wrong on that but it’s a cheeky way of segmenting off the max version if you ask me!
It certainly is a non-traditional move to make smaller versions of iPhones with lesser parts.
For the long times people praised Apple for non compromising on smaller versions, like Sony did back in Compact days ... well I guess those days are over with iPhone 12 Max.
You get something that fits your hand with downgraded specs or you pick more expensive sub-tablet that has every feature - well that the part of "note inspiration" could Apple certainly skip.

LOL, the 12 was JUST released, so of course now it's time to start talking about the next one.

I've had 1tb on my phone for years now, thanks to SD cards. But then again I could have paid $2000 for apple to do it a decade later

And I could have paid less for an inferior phone with slow memory and a UX I don't enjoy using.

Good things take time I guess.

So basically: I have to work with 5 Hours of video instead of 10.

iPhone 13 will be a massive improvement in so many areas, only fools would sell their iPhone 11 for the 12 but that's what's happening, 11's are flooding the used market by the iSheep. The biggest improvements will be in screens and 5G. Next year we see integrated 5G modems and should lead to better battery life, 120Hz refresh, maybe mini LED although that may be 2022, better cameras,

Back