Laggy controles for Metroid Prime: 3 Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatesbluescreen

I just recentaly bought a Nintendo Wii and it works great. I went and bought metroid prime 3 and when I'm using the wii remote, the cursor sometimes gets stuck on the sides of the screen for a second, sometimes longer. It also sometimes stops responding. I can shoot and jump but I can't move...
I changed the sensitivity on the game to beginner but that didn't help at all. I even tried moving the sensore bar to different areas. I went into the wii options and changed the sensitivity there too, but still no luck...
When I'm in the Wii menu the controles work great! Its just bad in the game. It just makes it almost unplayable!

Has anybody else had this problem??? I love the Metroid series and I REALLY don't want to give up.

Thanks!

I've seen this happen, but I've never seen it continue to occur after proper adjustment in the sensor bar settings of the console itself. Those aren't hard to get proper because the on screen instructions tell you exactly what you need to be seeing.

What is happening in the room to the sides of the TV? are there any mirrors or candles burning, even an incadescent light bulb? Issues like you are describing I think are almost always caused by the wii mote picking up another source of IR. Maybe it works fine in the menu because you are more controlled about where you wave the wii mote.

The only other thing I can think of is batteries, put a fresh set of alkalines in it rather than NiCads/NiMH or the packs you can use with the rechargers.

The only thing I didn't try was the light bulb thing. I just turned off all the lights but that didn't seem to help at all either.
I've tried moving the sensor bar on top of the tv and on the bottom but still nothing. I also tied to change settings in the wii menu...
There arn't any mirrors or candles in my room at all so thats not the problem.
I've tried playing it up close and standing 5 and 10 feet away but wasn't any better.
Maybe its just the game??? I got it used at Gamestop. Maybe I should just return it and get a new copy? It just doesn't make any sense to me that people rate the conroles as great/awsome/fantastic and mine are just all screwy...

well I went back to gamestop and exchanged Metroid Prime 3 for Mario Kart. I really didn't want to fight with the controles anymore. I heard that Mario Kart was fun so I just got that (the controles work GREAT!). I'll get Metroid some other time.
Thanks for any advice guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back