Lan slow when connected to internet

We have a Lan with two pc that share a database to invoice process, it works well but when connect the lan to internet all network decrease dramatically speed, some sugestion please

Two pc, each windows 10, connected with hub and the hub connected to internet router. When pc are working in a shared database if the lan is slow, power off the router and works fine.

If the hubs are connected to allow joining short ethernet cables, then get longer cables and wire directly to the router.

A hub is quite different than a switch:
  • a hub broadcasts all traffic to all connected device
  • a switch selectively sends traffic to the device that needs it
The router is being given traffic that is not need (from the other device) and causes a packet avalanche everywhere.

As both devices have their own hub, it would appear that they are remote from each other so that using one hub would have worked. A switch would have been a better choice there too, even without the Internet router.

Maybe but what I am looking at is the data bit transfer and its choking up on upload and downloading.
Another thing could be the router, if it is dated and have slower transfer speeds than todays standards.
That could be a big problem while I was on my old belkin router.
I had that problem kind of like this, it got worse over time with my mothers devices, services on her ipad, bluray player, and android phones.

This is your problem why are you needing 2 hubs in your network ? =/
https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...ow-down-the-speed-of-each-devices-connection/
Please read this thread, read what zmuel has to say with his diagrams, you'll understand better why I am asking you this.
Thank you, but all devices were connected first to the internet router and there the lan fails, with other hub we can power down the router and work with the database, then power on router again to reach internet..

AHH; Without a router, you must have manually setup the TCP settings in each computer.
You need to UNDO those manual settings before you connect to the router.

Thank you, but all devices were connected first to the internet router and there the lan fails, with other hub we can power down the router and work with the database, then power on router again to reach internet..

Which router model do you have by chance ?

My thought on your configuration is
  1. you made a LAN work by creating static addresses for each PC
  2. later you added the router to get Internet Access and connected it to one of the Hubs.
The problem with that is the router would with 99% certainty have a conflicting IP address and the lan would cascade No Path Available due to the hub(s).

To allow you to disconnect from the Internet and still have the lan work, the configuration would need to be adjusted.
  1. connect just one PC directly to the router
  2. get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG
You'll see an ip address like aa.bb.cc.dd. The router's address will be aa.bb.cc.1

Now you can give one PC a static address like aa.bb.cc.100 and the other aa.bb.cc.101. You will need to set a DNS pair into each adapter too, so use 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8. Normally we would have the router use Address Reservation to set the PC addresses, but when you disconnect the router, those address will no long work, so they need to be directly configured into the TCP adapters.

Now when you connect to the Internet, you'll have three devices, aa.bb.cc.1, aa.bb.cc.100 & aa.bb.cc.101

When you disconnect from the Internet, the router will disappear and the two PCs will still talk to one another.

Back