Laptop can not boot into safe mode, boots fine regulary

Hey, I was asked by a family member to clean out their laptop, so I went ahead and downloaded malwarebytes, ccleaner and a new antivirus. Then I turned on safemode and restarted the pc.
Now the laptop starts up and goes to the windows loading bar. As soon as its done loading the screen goes black but I can see and move the mouse cursor. A few seconds after that the pc restarts. Over and over again.

Useless info:
I interrupted the process and then I was asked if I wanted to restore the pc to a earlier time. After doing that, it booted into safemode. I cleaned out the pc (put a lot of work into it etc). I turned off safemode and booted it up regulary. For some reason I couldnt install the new antivirus but the old one was deleted (not an issue for this thread). Since i was in safe mode before I figured to fix the antivirus problem i will boot it into safemode again.

Now Im stuck again but this time, restoring it doesnt help, I cant do a full system restore because there is no backup image and the data on the laptop is important.
Startup repair doesnt help.
I figure that I only need to be able to turn off safemode somehow. Is there any way of fixing this?
Thanks in advance, I registered on this forum because of this problem and I will try and return the favor in other threads.

PS
Acer Asipre
Windows Vista (idk if 32 or 64, i assume 32)
SU2700 Intel Premium processor
intel GMA 4500MHD
3GB DDR3 memory

Update:

Right now, everytime I start up the laptop, it goes to systemrestore.

I'd like to get to the window where it asks me how I want to boot the system. ("Boot Windows with the last working settings" or something like that). I know that this should boot it without safemode, but i don't know how to get there...

Back