Laptop Dissasembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SinOfDeath

Im trying to take the keyboard off of my notebook because the faceplate was not put on properly from when i bought it refurbished, it is lifting a little and the monitors hinges click and are movable so i was wondering how do i take off the faceplate of this laptop here http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668264.php

Start by telling us the brand and model of the laptop.

Usually, the first thing to do is remove the keyboard, and you do that by turning it upside down and removing all the screws from the bottom. Keep notes or a map to help in putting the keyboard back on later, as all the screws are different sizes, and there can be anywhere from 8 to 17 screws.

Lol already took out all the screws, all but on are the same size and the biggest one goes on the bottom middle. When i took out all the screw the cover wouldn't come off though, and theres a link to the model up top :)

With most Gateway laptops, you go to the Gateway site, enter your serial number, go to support, and look for the online manual that has visual instructions on diassembling the computer.

All laptops are a series of screws, then snaps, and fittings. The most important tool is taking care to think about how it is assembled, then using some small amounts of silicon spray and powdered lubricants.

There are low cost plastic tools on eBay and elsewhere for splitting the case or plastic parts without damaging the computer,

Using small amounts of heavy duty silicon spray or liquid wrench powdered lubricant helps.

Removing the keyboard comes first. The rest comes more easily.
If it is a decent brand, there will be an online handbook that has drawings to show how and where and what.

On older computers, the plastics become more brittle as they age. Replacing parts that you have broken is just about impossible.

OK at least the keyboard comes first because that's all i want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back