Laptop does not turn on

Hi guys,

Here is the problem:

I have a 2 years old HP Pavilion laptop.I have always been using the laptop while plugged in to the power outlet while the battery is also on the laptop at the same time.

I turn the laptop on and everything is fine. I turn it off and turn it back on right after that and it comes on and everything is fine. The problem is: When I turn the laptop off before I go to bed and the next morning try to turn it on it will not turn on.

I then have to remove the battery and put it back on for like 5-6 times, unplug and plug the power AC from the laptop and keep on doing it and pressing the power button until eventually it switches on.

I have 2 batteries and it is the same with both of them. I got no clue why it is happening and what I can do about it.

P.S My laptop got no more warranty/guarantee.

Any advice and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Is it a Pavilion 6000 series, or a Pavilion 8000 series? Several series of the Pavilion laptops... and the more expensive ones have been failing without notice. On some, HP extended the warranty... so I would contact HP online, and get a way to talk to them by telephone to find out if yours is one of those they will still repair out of warranty.

In the meantime... do NOTHING to it, and allow no Tech to touch it... as that can void whatever help for which you might be eligble.

Be pleasant, but persistent. You may have to call back several time.s

That's true Raybay,
I have fixed several HP laptops by replacing whole motherboards and/or the cooling assembly's in the last year. These's were just out of warranty by a month or two

Thanks for your help so far.

It says model: DV6 - 2020 eg

If it is a motherboard issue then how come it happens only in the mornings? I just dunt get it. and I am keen to know the reason.

About replacing the cooling system, it makes sort of sense since the laptop has becoming very hot recently ( some weeks before this problem occurs.

I will contact HP to see what they say but I do not think they will do much about it.

The use thermal pads on some of their laptops that wear out and disintegrate quickly. I found that it is cheaper to replace the whole cooling assembly, than to just replace the pads. I can get these parts off EBay for around $60. HP wants $75 for just the pads. It is a bit of work and time to replace the cooling assemblies. You have to remove the motherboard in some cases

Back