Laptop Fan will not slowdown

Hello,
I will try to be as detailed as possible.

Purchased a HP Laptop (FVC11CR8) just over a year ago.
Warranty is expired.
It runs Windows 10
Intel Core i3-6100U
CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
64 bit operating system x64-based processor

About two months ago the fan started to make a loud grinding noise upon startup but within a few minutes, it would quiet down to where you could no longer hear the fan unless you placed your ear next to the exhaust port.

After realizing that my warranty was expired, I tried some basic fixes:
I updated my BIOS
Updated Windows

These did not work, so I replaced the fan with a new one - same type.

This did resolve the grinding noise, however, now the fan never slows down when in operation. The fan stays on constantly unless I close the lid of my laptop or shut it down.
While it is not incredibly loud, it is still very noticeable and I am quite certain that it should not always need to run at high speed. I base this on the non-issue usage of the laptop for the first 11 months that I have had it. It ran basically silent after boot up.

I have gone back into BIOS where I found that the fan was set to "Always On" -I disabled that.
I updated BIOS again as well
I updated Windows again
I adjusted the power settings to a lesser performance setting
I have tried turning on and off the HP CoolSense app
I have checked the Task Manager to see if any applications were running high and nothing was higher than 2.5% CPU usage.
I have tired removing the battery and running on AC power only

None of these fixes have worked. Can anyone help me?! It is now a mission to resolve this.

Probably a number of factors. I would A) blow compressed air through the laptop, B) get an SSD, C) reinstall Windows (back up old stuff of course) and if it's still slow D) more RAM if it has 4GB or lower and last resort E) new laptop.

Back