Solved Laptop might be infected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mummyal

Thank you very much for your help so far with my other problem (Google redirect) on my pc. My hubby has since mentioned that this laptop of his might be infected (although not with the Google virus) as it's running much slower than usual and there are sometimes pop-ups. So, I have performed the 8-step check. Indeed, MBAM picked up quite a few trojans and Super Anti-spyware also detected a few things.

Here are the 3 logs as per instructions.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 02-15-2010 - 17-07-05.log
    1 KB · Views: 2
  • hijackthislog-15-2.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-02-15 (16-06-08).txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi there

Hubby has given me more info on his laptop problem. When he gets online (logs in as himself), there's a message which pops up saying something along the lines of 'the system will shut down. Please save your work etc' and he mentioned NT Authority and the 60 second countdown begins after that.

Now the thing is, earlier when I downloaded MBAM, Super Antispyware, posted the logs on here etc, I logged in on his laptop as me (my username) and I didn't have that shut down problem at all during that time.

I didn't think it would make a difference if we logged in as different users? I thought one the system is infected, it's infected?

I have tried to do a search on the NT Authority problem but lots of messages are quite a few years old and certain pages do not exist anymore. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  • Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
  • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
NOTE 1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.

• Close any open browsers.
  • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
  • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  • Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

Here are both logs as requested.

Attachments

• combofix16-2.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 7
  • hjt16-2.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
Extract its contents to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop.
Go to Start > Run (Or you can hold down your Windows key and press R) and copy and paste the following into the text field. (make sure you include the quote marks) Then press OK.

"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l C:\TDSSKiller.txt -v

If it says "Hidden service detected" DO NOT type anything in. Just press Enter on your keyboard to not do anything to the file.
When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called TDSSKiller.txt please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Contents of TDSSKiller.txt report attached.

On another note, whilst searching the C: drive for the above report, I noticed that there were/are loads of folders with lots of letters/numbers right at the top of the C: drive. Are they supposed to be there?

Attachments

• TDSSKiller.txt
    27.4 KB · Views: 2
I noticed that there were/are loads of folders with lots of letters/numbers right at the top of the C: drive
We'll get there...

Please, re-run Combofix and HJT.
Post fresh logs.

Fresh Combofix & HJT logs attached.

Attachments

• combofix18-2.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 2
  • hjt18-2.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
Much better :)

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Vista users:: Right click on SystemLook.exe, click Run As Administrator
  • Copy the content of the following box into the main textfield:
    Code:
    :filefind
    ws2_32.dll
  • Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

Contents of report as follows.

SystemLook v1.0 by jpshortstuff (11.01.10)
Log created at 17:47 on 19/02/2010 by Alice (Administrator - Elevation successful)

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "ws2_32.dll"
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\ws2_32.dll -----c 82944 bytes [10:44 02/09/2008] [12:00 10/08/2004] 2ED0B7F12A60F90092081C50FA0EC2B2
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\ws2_32.dll --a--c 82432 bytes [19:28 24/08/2008] [00:12 14/04/2008] 86ED8CBD515FCF3DCBEC333AEB29990F
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll --a--- 82432 bytes [12:42 13/09/2006] [00:12 14/04/2008] 86ED8CBD515FCF3DCBEC333AEB29990F

-=End Of File=-

1. Please download The Avenger to your Desktop.
  • Right click on the Avenger.zip folder and select "Extract All..."
  • Follow the prompts and extract the Avenger folder to your desktop
2. Copy all the text contained in the code box below to your Clipboard by highlighting it and pressing (Ctrl+C):

Code:
Begin copying here:
Files to move:
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\ws2_32.dll | C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll

3. Now, open the avenger folder and start The Avenger program by clicking on its icon.

• Right click on the window under Input script here:, and select Paste.
  • You can also click on this window and press (Ctrl+V) to paste the contents of the clipboard.
  • Click on Execute
  • Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.
4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

• It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Delete", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
  • On reboot, it will briefly open a black command windowon your desktop, this is normal.
  • After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
  • The Avenger will also back up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.
5. Please copy/paste the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply

Avenger log posted at the end of this message.

Just before shutdown/reboot, McAfee picked a trojan up but the info box disappeared pretty quickly as the pc was about to shutdown to reboot - think the name was zapcast or zapchast or something along those lines and it mentioned cleanup.exe. Then after rebooting (I didn't get the black command window by the way), there was a pop-up message box saying "Windows cannot find C:\cleanup.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click Search."

Logfile of The Avenger Version 2.0, (c) by Swandog46
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com

Platform: Windows XP

Script file opened successfully.
Script file read successfully.

Backups directory opened successfully at C:\Avenger

Beginning to process script file:

Rootkit scan active.
No rootkits found!

File move operation "C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\ws2_32.dll|C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll" completed successfully.

Completed script processing.

Finished! Terminate.

Fresh Combofix & HJT logs attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• hijackthis22-2.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 2
  • combofix22-2.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 1
1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.

2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Code:
File::
c:\windows\tempfile2.bat

Folder::

Driver::
0256461266514753mcinstcleanup

Registry::

RegLockDel::

3. Save the above as CFScript.txt

4. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

CFScript.gif

5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
  • Combofix.txt
  • A new HijackThis log.

Latest combofix & HJT reports.

Attachments

• hijackthis23-2.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 1
  • combofix23-2.txt
    13 KB · Views: 1
Attached is zipped ws2_32.dll file.
Unzip it and paste ws2_32.dll file into root C:\ folder.

Then...

1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.

2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Code:
File::

Folder::

Driver::

FCopy::
C:\ws2_32.dll | C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\ws2_32.dll
C:\ws2_32.dll | C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\ws2_32.dll
C:\ws2_32.dll | C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll

Registry::

RegLockDel::

3. Save the above as CFScript.txt

4. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

CFScript.gif

5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
  • Combofix.txt
  • A new HijackThis log.

Attachments

• ws2_32.zip
    41.1 KB · Views: 1
Before I post the logs, can I just once again say many thanks for your help on this so far. Am very grateful !!

Hopefully I've extracted/pasted the zipped attachment properly. Here're the fresh Combofix/HJT logs.

Attachments

• combofix24-2.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis24-2.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 1
You did well :)

Uninstall Combofix:
Go Start > Run [Vista users, go Start>"Start search"]
Type in:
Combofix /Uninstall
Note the space between the "Combofix" and the "/Uninstall"
Click OK (Vista users - press Enter).
Restart computer.

=======================================================================

1. Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

2. Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Disable your active antivirus program.
2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
4. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
5. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:

• Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    [*] Archives
    [*] Mail databases
6. Click on My Computer under Scan.
7. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
8. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
9. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.

Post fresh HijackThis log as well.

Hiya

Kapersky report at the end of this message and new HJT log attached.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:16:13
Records in database: 3670628
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan e-mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\

Scan statistics:
Objects scanned: 93488
Threats found: 6
Infected objects found: 11
Suspicious objects found: 0
Scan duration: 02:04:04

File name / Threat / Threats count
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP351\A0067988.exe Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.adgb 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP353\A0071079.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Swisyn.orf 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP355\A0071248.exe Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.adgb 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP358\A0074340.exe Infected: Packed.Win32.Katusha.j 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP358\A0074341.exe Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.afbe 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP384\A0075656.dll Infected: Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Agent.jhf 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP397\A0080220.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.hg 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP401\A0080878.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.hg 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP401\A0081790.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.hg 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP402\A0082031.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.hg 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1283C4C2-5C9F-4160-B9A2-AC1BC36A6A58}\RP402\A0083263.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.hg 1

Selected area has been scanned.

Attachments

• hijackthis28-2.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 2
Verify your Java version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
Update, if necessary.
Uninstall all previous Java versions, through Add\Remove (Programs & Features in Vista).

==================================================================

Disable TeaTimer, as it'll interfere with the cleaning process:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon.
Click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
NOTE. If on re-boot, Spybot inquires about registry change(s), allow it.

Alternatively, I suggest, you uninstall Spybot since it's a tool of the past.

===================================================================

Print this post out, since you won't have an access to it, at some point.

1. Open HijackThis.

2. Close all windows, except for HijackThis.

3. Put checkmarks next to the following HijackThis entries:

- R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
- O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)

4. You should also checkmark following entries (these are unnecessary startups; no actual programs will be removed):

- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
- O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
- O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe [unless you have paid version]
- O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
- O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll [unless you have paid version]

5. Click on Fix checked button.

6. Restart computer.

7. Post new HijackThis log.

New HJT log as follows:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 16:36:06, on 01/03/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16981)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\X10\Common\x10nets.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Toshiba.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.virginmedia.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R3 - URLSearchHook: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee Phishing Filter - {27B4851A-3207-45A2-B947-BE8AFE6163AB} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msk\mskapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - {B164E929-A1B6-4A06-B104-2CD0E90A88FF} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McENUI] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe /hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: dssrequest - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O18 - Protocol: sacore - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: MBackMonitor - McAfee - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\MBackMonitor.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SiteAdvisor Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Anti-Spam Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - X10 - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\X10\Common\x10nets.exe

--
End of file - 8461 bytes

Your computer is clean

1. Turn off System Restore:

- Windows XP:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Check "Turn off System Restore".
5. Click Apply.
6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
7. Click OK.
- Windows Vista:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click on System Protection under the Tasks column on the left side
4. Click on Continue on the "User Account Control" window that pops up
5. Under the System Protection tab, find Available Disks
6. Uncheck the box for any drive you wish to disable system restore on (in most cases, drive "C:")
7. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click "Turn System Restore Off" on the popup window to do this.
8. Click OK

2. Restart computer.

3. Turn System Restore on.

4. Make sure, Windows Updates are current.

5. If any Trojan was listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!

6. Download, and install WOT (Web OF Trust): http://www.mywot.com/. It'll warn you (in most cases) about dangerous web sites.

7. Run defrag at your convenience.

8. Read How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic2520.html

9. Please, let me know, how is your computer doing.

Hi Broni

So far, the laptop seems to be working fine. Thank you very much for your help and time. Much much appreciated. I know which forum to come to next time if I have pc problems again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back