Laptop Network Adapter Undiscoverable

Hello everyone,

My laptop, an Asus TP410UA VivoBook, has been unable to connect to any wireless network. I have had the laptop for a little over a year now. This problem started to occur in February, where occasionally the network connection would drop, this just needed a simple restart and it was back. The problem seemed to fix it's self in a month or two and I had no more issues. Unfortunately now the problem is back and the previous fix no longer seems to work.

After a little bit of digging I found out that my wireless network adapter (it's an Intel adapter, can't remember the exact name) was disabled in the device manager due to error code 40 and 45 (it would alternate between the two every time I checked)
Fixes I have already tried:
- scan for hardware changes and reset
- uninstall device and drivers and reset
- full network reset (under network sharing center)

What has me extremely worried is that after I uninstalled the WiFi network adapter (for the second time) it appears as if my laptop no longer recognises it as a network adapter. It does not appear in the device manager, even as a hidden device.
There is no ethernet port on my laptop so I'm thinking of getting a USB to ethernet adapter, not an ideal fix since I already have a primary desktop.

Thanks for your time,
Gavin

Gavin, of course, we realize that your lack of an internet connection is the problem. What you will need to do is use another computer to download the appropriate driver and transfer it to a USB flash drive and install the driver to your laptop.

If it turns out that the driver isn't the problem, your internal adapter may have failed and then a USB adapter should solve it.

Gavin, of course, we realize that your lack of an internet connection is the problem. What you will need to do is use another computer to download the appropriate driver and transfer it to a USB flash drive and install the driver to your laptop.

If it turns out that the driver isn't the problem, your internal adapter may have failed and then a USB adapter should solve it.

Unfortunately with the new driver installed the problem still persists. Although now every time I restart my pc I have Wifi for 5 minutes to an hour, then the connection gets dropped and the adapter returns an error code 45. Is there a way to fix an internal adapter or am I just out of luck?

Back