Laptop overheating

abbasi

Hi all,

I work on a DELL laptop. It sends out very heat air from its vents. I think probably there is some (or large amount of) dust on hardware devices inside it.
I know that best way is to open it and clean those pieces by (say) an air compressor, but there are two points here:
1- Do you agree that this warm air is because of the dust and I need to solve this issue by cleaning the hardware snips?
2- I haven't opened any laptop ever, I somewhat scare (because that laptop is not mine). Do you still say me to do it? If so, what rules I should observe before, when and after opening the laptop?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I work on a DELL laptop. It sends out very heat air from its vents. I think probably there is some (or large amount of) dust on hardware devices inside it.
I know that best way is to open it and clean those pieces by (say) an air compressor, but there are two points here:
1- Do you agree that this warm air is because of the dust and I need to solve this issue by cleaning the hardware snips?
2- I haven't opened any laptop ever, I somewhat scare (because that laptop is not mine). Do you still say me to do it? If so, what rules I should observe before, when and after opening the laptop?

Thanks.
UNfortunately opening a laptop is not as easy as a desktop/tower & since I too have a similiar problem with my VAIO laptop, I'd suggest getting a can of compressed air , opening up whatever access on the bottom & spray the canned air in. OR, if you can afford it, take it to a shop.
Once its cleaned out, you might get a clip-on fan to keep it cool.
CSPFan-xlarge.jpg
I've used such & it worked great. Good luck.

Opening up a lap top. As posted is not all that easy. It can be done . Just takes a little time . If you are not really sure. I would send it out to have it cleaned. I have mine done once a year.

I work on a Dell laptop too and I already cleaned it a while ago. It was pretty hard to open it, so if you're not familiar with repairing computers it might be better to consult a special shop for this service.

Back